WTB second hand (ie affordable!) S&B PMII

4(T)

LE
Just having a quick trawl for leads.

I've just acquired a nice AI AW for my own use, and now need a proper scope on it.

Thus I'm keen to hear about any second hand Schmidt & Bender PM II that might be going for a reasonable price.

I'd prefer first focal plane and "1cm Klicks" (sic) version, also illum would be nice - but, like any good soldier, I will of course adapt my body to use whatever bit of kit is available from the lowest bidder!

I've looked around eBay and the usual supplier websites, but would be interested to hear of anything up for grabs in the Arrse shooting network.

p.s. also need an AI bipod....

ugly

LE
I'll keep an eye out, PM Mongo, he may know

Re. bipod. Is that at all similar to a spigot mounted Parker-Hale pattern. If so, I have a spare. Would be happy to trade for an SMLE rear hand-guard (incl sight protectors). Otherwise, we can discuss a nominal sum -, no idea how much they go for but it's just cluttering my spares box.

Last edited:
I have a quantity of new genuine AI bipods.

Clearly Old Adam's offer is hard to beat but if his is the one that fits ONTO a spigot rather than having its own spigot and fitting a hole on the rifle then I can help.

This bipod has a detachable spigot/hand-stop which would fit an Anschutz type accessory rail (.50" wide dovetail).
If you already have an integral spigot, this bipod will fit onto one which is .44" dia X 1.72" long.
Sorry I don't have any pics - camera U/S. Pretty sure it was the same type they floated with the Parker-Hale M85?

4(T)

LE
Hi chaps,

Very grateful for the offers. However, as it happens, just today I bumped into someone that happened to have a military AI bipod (still with cam paint on it). I've thus acquired that for a reasonable price.

Still after a metric/1cm PMII, though.

FWIW, I'm also after:

1. set of iron sights (picatinny rear)

2. quick extend buttplate kit

3. rear monopod

4. 26" barrel

5. 30mm & 34mm (or 34mm with 30mm shims) AI scope bracket for picatinny rail.

Post a photo of your butt on here and I'll let you know what you'll need for a good rear monopod!

That could be taken quite the wrong way... :-D

This bipod has a detachable spigot/hand-stop which would fit an Anschutz type accessory rail (.50" wide dovetail).
If you already have an integral spigot, this bipod will fit onto one which is .44" dia X 1.72" long.
Sorry I don't have any pics - camera U/S. Pretty sure it was the same type they floated with the Parker-Hale M85?
That is the standard PH item. The AI version has the spigot fixed to the bipod and a dedicated socket in the rifle forend.

That is the standard PH item. The AI version has the spigot fixed to the bipod and a dedicated socket in the rifle forend.

Thanks, that would be it then; I'd quite forgotten which way round it was.
My BMS Snicam - ugly as sin but does the job - has a permanently fitted spigot and takes a PH bipod.

5. 30mm & 34mm (or 34mm with 30mm shims) AI scope bracket for picatinny rail.
Unless you're building up an authentic example, I strongly suggest avoiding the AI scope brackets. They're proper cack, cheaply made, lowest bidder piles of anus, compared to more up to date offerings from the US.

4(T)

LE
Post a photo of your butt on here and I'll let you know what you'll need for a good rear monopod!

Just for you Mongo, here is a picture of my butt....

(p.s. I heard you'd run off to join the Foreign Legion or something?)

In reply to oooh_matron's point; yes - I intend to use AI OEM components, as I have an eye to the future "collectability" of the AW system. I suspect that, in future years, they'll be as sought-after as L96 and the earlier sniper systems - even though most AWs are civvy rifles.

Current scope is the Egdar Bros 10x42 Optimate. Not a bad scope at all, although there seems to be no indication in any available documentation as to what the turret adjustments are.

410459670.jpg

410459669.jpg

In reply to oooh_matron's point; yes - I intend to use AI OEM components, as I have an eye to the future "collectability" of the AW system. I suspect that, in future years, they'll be as sought-after as L96 and the earlier sniper systems - even though most AWs are civvy rifles.

Current scope is the Egdar Bros 10x42 Optimate. Not a bad scope at all, although there seems to be no indication in any available documentation as to what the turret adjustments are.

410459670.jpg

410459669.jpg
You got the AI bipod then. Did I miss that?

Mongo

LE
Kit Reviewer

Thanks! Go for an Accushot BT08QK rear monopod - that'll fit into the little hole underneath the stock, on the vertical section about 1.5" long that you use to pull the butt into your shoulder.

If you'd had the new style stocksides you would have needed a BT08QK and the BT39 adaptor to go with it!

Not quite the FFL but I am playing at being a full time soldier at the moment!

@4{t) did you find a PMII ?

Been looking for three or four days and found a few 3-12.5x50s from between £1300 - £2600

Fultons have one at £1400 and there is a place in Paignton doing a new one (no mounts) for £1895

Am off to look at one later today, was on Ebay but a 12-50x56

4(T)

LE
@4{t) did you find a PMII ?

Been looking for three or four days and found a few 3-12.5x50s from between £1300 - £2600

Fultons have one at £1400 and there is a place in Paignton doing a new one (no mounts) for £1895

Am off to look at one later today, was on Ebay but a 12-50x56

I've been watching the ones on Guntrader and eBay. The cheap £995 one on Guntrader seems a genuine good buy for someone (its identical to the one in Fultons, but £500 less!). The only reason that I have held off is that i am trying to deduce which model of PMII I actually need/want. There are now so many variations, and its a huge lump of cash to spend on a single optic.

I think I want an illuminated, first plane focus, 1cm click, P4 Fein reticule (or possibly HS8, because I like aiming-off rather than knob twiddling). So far I haven't seen anything like that come up second hand. The new ones are over £3k, and a tan colour that is far too ally and wannabee speshul forces for my green AW...

I'm in Dubai this week, so vaguely hoping to find a shooting store that has S&B at tax-free prices...