WRVS going... will they be missed?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by bigjock, Jun 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WRVS have given support and guideance to many over the years, especially in training regiments but it now seems that they are no longer needed by the MOD. How will we manage without them? Did you know that we still had them in units? What are your thoughts?

2. No tea wagon on Catterick firing range then

3. Not going just changing their name gone to a new contractor.

Munch Me

4. Was that little old lady who used to meet and greet us at Aldergrove WRVS, or just one of the locals?

5. Their website only show them dealing with pensioners nowadays. Seems they have changed their Area of operations.

6. Probably one of the locals :)

Munch Me

7. Its a shame.
    I've seen Stallys bogged in, but the "Old gals" still got through.

• Like Like x 2
  8. And hospitals.

9. The School of Electronic Engineering had nothing apart from the WRVS room for years. At least it kept us from the bar till 2000hrs. The old gal in charge was a font of knowledge especially decent hotels/pubs in London.

10. Far as I recall they did a great job. From the"Weevers" lounge in Barker Barracks about 78/79, to the latter day hospitals tea ladies and Cafes . Sure they must still have relevance, even nowadays.

11. £1.05 for a small cup of instant coffee was how much they charged me a few weeks ago.

They can get bent the robbing old coffin dodgers.

12. WRVS at Aldergrove, reopened a couple of years ago.

13. I thought they were going, gone. Whos taken them on?

14. Thats run by the Sally Army no the WRVS. Mind you they might go in the defence review !!.

15. Was the sarnie shop at harrogate run by the WRVS?