WRVS going... will they be missed?

WRVS have given support and guideance to many over the years, especially in training regiments but it now seems that they are no longer needed by the MOD. How will we manage without them? Did you know that we still had them in units? What are your thoughts?

WRVS have given support and guideance to many over the years, especially in training regiments but it now seems that they are no longer needed by the MOD. How will we manage without them? Did you know that we still had them in units? What are your thoughts?
Not going just changing their name gone to a new contractor.

Munch Me

Their website only show them dealing with pensioners nowadays. Seems they have changed their Area of operations.

Their website only show them dealing with pensioners nowadays. Seems they have changed their Area of operations.
And hospitals.

The School of Electronic Engineering had nothing apart from the WRVS room for years. At least it kept us from the bar till 2000hrs. The old gal in charge was a font of knowledge especially decent hotels/pubs in London.

T

Tremaine

Far as I recall they did a great job. From the"Weevers" lounge in Barker Barracks about 78/79, to the latter day hospitals tea ladies and Cafes . Sure they must still have relevance, even nowadays.

£1.05 for a small cup of instant coffee was how much they charged me a few weeks ago.

They can get bent the robbing old coffin dodgers.

I thought that WRVS, Sally Army, TocH etc. were all supposed to have gone when PAYD was introduced. Wasn't it part of the contract?

In my experience, the good ones were few and far between. In the main, they were chippy, frustrated middle-aged harridans who always had an agenda against the Chain of Command and encouraged some of the younger lads (and latterly, lasses) to adopt a victim mentality when it didn't exist.
I remember when I attended the Families Officer course at Clifton Uni back in the 90's. I was reported to the principle for "playing loud music" in the evening and was summoned to her office the following morning for a minor bollocking (like being slapped with a lettuce!). I found out at the end of course piss up that it was the WRVS woman who had put the bubble in. Why they had a slot on the course in the first place has always been a mystery to me. Good riddance in my humble opinion, their time has passed.

Oh, and most of them were way down on the GILF/MILF register.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ordinaryforces The NAAFI Bar 20
Friendly_Fire Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC 17
Heywood_Jablowme The NAAFI Bar 14