Wrong template, wrong arcs or one in a million?

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by PE4rocks, Feb 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why try and second guess the cause, the inquest is ongoing. I've shot there myself, albeit many years ago, and I would say that the ranges, templates, the whole range package was then amongst the safest I've seen in the UK.

2. When you think about it, it had to be, they used to turn German conscripts loose on the place!
  3. I'll mark you down for the 1/1,000,000 option then.

Nice straight bat, BTW.
  4. Nope, 1/400,000 chance for firearm deaths of all types in the UK with only a 4/10,000,000 chance of it being murder, according to the World Health Organisation.
  5. On a seperate thread we've been asked not to comment and give any fodder for the media.
  6. The inquest seems to have given them what they need.

Shropshire Star
  7. So no need to speculate or comment then?
  8. Yes, I can read thanks.
  9. I can remember back in the mid to late 80s when the Army was regarded by society and the media as a place where you went when you couldn't get a proper job. We were scum. Come 2015 when we've stopped filling wheelchairs and body bags out in Afghanistan and The Millies are quietly dropped, shunned by actors and politicians in favour of a more 'current' photo op, the media will once again lay into the Forces. It's stories like this that they will pick up on and 'in depth' research (click, click) will give them the ammo they need (an unofficial source (ARRSE) stated that.....). As previously referred to, this incident is still subjudice and is probably left well alone until the complete investigation has run it's course. Obviously IMHO of course.
    • Like Like x 1