Wrong Pay

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by mac7778, Jul 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been at my current rank for a while now, indeed my "effective date" was the 13 june 2006. Despite this i am still getting paid at my previous rank. After exactly a year had past i went up a pay level but this was still within the pay bands of my old rank.

I have brought this to the attention of my MCM through my chain of command several times, the last of which was the 4 june this year. The most recent disscusion resulted in a promise that my issues would be rectified for my pay at the end of july along with the back pay for the 12 month period.

Having seen my pay statement for this month i have to say with a big sigh that this has not been the case and i am still being paid at the wrong level.

I dont really know what else i can do so i am asking for advice as to where i can go and if i can speak to someone directly :?: :?:

Any advice would be greatly apprieciated as i really dont know where i can go to get this sorted.
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Can I suggest a lawyer?
  3. yes you can
  4. Hmm, have you gone from OR to OF?
    It's fairly easy (literally a 2 minute job) to change someone from say OF1 to OF2 and change their increment/grade step.. Certain promotions don't have automatic pay rules set up on JPA but again all that's needed is to inform JPAC (and wait out for a while). The back pay is a different matter, but getting you up to the actual pay shouldn't really be that hard.. (having said that my RSM has been on the wrong WO1 band since JPA came in and its only just been fixed)

Can you go to your unit RAO and ask them to show you your JPA record?, ask to look in the grade step bit - that should show you if you're actually on the right rank but it's just****ed up for some reason, or if they haven't actually moved you up..really promotions are fairly easy on JPA
  5. Write to soldier mag. I'm sure you will get a definative answer from them.
  6. in_the_cheapseats

Only if it's his name out of the bag of hundreds on the same subject when the editer chooses one to print.

A year wait for money he is entitled to is a joke. Raise at a Citizens Advice Bureau legal evening, get your first free letter sent to CoC asking for immediate recompence with interest for the period with a threat of Small Claims Court action if not corrected quickly. Think that might focus the collective mind?

Perhaps Iolis could give better direction.

There has to be a point where the CoC must understand getting by with problems on the good will of its employees is not on. Continuing to take the piss as they are doing with JPA is a bit much.

I really dislike having a go at the Admin side of the Forces but a civilian business would have had its nuts handed to it long ago by its workforce for screwing up as continually as JPA has been allowed to. I don't care that staff are trying to fix the problem; they need to actually do it and the sooner the better.

Standing by for glib answers with terms such as "not understanding the complexity of problem", "should be happy...not a job, it's a calling after all" and other such crap. :roll:
  7. Thanx for that. Its nice to know im not the only one who is getting hacked off with the "its JPA" crap.
  8. Back on the point about Soldier magazine championing causes. A fair few of the letters they get show an utter lack of effort by the Unit themselves to solve the problem (or the wrong solution as well). Then there's the soldiers who get the right answer, dont like it and still write in (maybe a sign that they don't know their entitlements..more should be done to simplify and communicate them to everyone). Of course, then there's those who HAVE used the CoC to full effect and still don't have an answer. I'm not sure what criteria Soldier use to select the letters they publish, but there'd be no room for the Pen Pals section or the sports pages if they ran them all, so I hope they stick with what they have at present.
  9. in_the_cheapseats

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. There has to be a balance and it is up to the editorial staff to pick the representative letters. It still means mac778 has little chance of getting an answer via Soldier mag.

10. See my post, whats their excuse? JPA came in in April, before that it was unicom and even then it was fairly easy to promote someone and do the pay
  11. Are you on JPA yet?
  12. Ive been in the fatherland for 2 weeks now, did the relevant bits and bobs for disturbance allowance on the date that we were eligible to apply for it and it still hasnt turned up. JPA sucks, as do the admin choppers at our previous unit who now say its nothing to do with them any longer as I have started at our new unit, new unit on block leave! Great eh!
  13. FF

Is disturbance allowance not down to timing. I believe it will only get paid alongside your main pay, so if you apply and miss the "pay run" you have to wait until the next month. I could be wrong - I normally am!!! If I'm correct the old system was better as it paid it once the application was accepted.
  14. i was told that with JPA that it would be in my bank after 4 days. bollox!
  15. I have so far submitted 8 claims on JPA.

I found the process very easy to understand and each payment was in my account within 3 days.

It’s only early days, however, now that a certain Corps has been taken out of the mix, I am finding that even little things like claiming back mobile phone usage (on military buiseness) is a walk in the park to what it used to be.