Wrong Initials on Elizabeth Cross presented to Mother.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Giancarlo_Badass, Nov 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yet another embarrassment for Brown & his Civil Servants in the week it's announced that Civil Servants pocket over £40M in "efficiency bonuses"!

Seems an Elizabeth Cross presented to a grieving mother had an initial for a non existent middle name (Sunday Mercury, today, page 6 - can't find the story online for a hyperlink).

Now, assuming the medal office respond correctly to the information they receive, I would have thought somebody in the Officer's Regiment (The Staffords) would have bent over backwards, twice, to ensure the correct information is passed up the chain? Or, maybe the Medal Office got it wrong which I'm reluctant to believe.

Perhaps HMQ will be shortly be enjoying puree'd testicles on melba toast?!
  2. Oh God, it's the end of the world. A mistake has been made on a Lizzy X!

Quick someone POL the bus, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!
  3. And who cares really? Send it back and ask them to change it...
  4. Fair one. I imagine the family are pretty upset over losing a loved one. An easily rectifiable mistake on a cross is hardly the end of the world - nor is it the government's fault!!!
  5. Could be a good point if the mother agreed but unfortunately, she does not! - and that's what counts, the public perception of us as an organisation.
  6. You are a chod and I claim my £5. These things happen - it isn't good, but they do.

Following your post, you believe the regiment would have bent over backwards, twice, to get the details correct. You are also reluctant to believe the Medal Office got it wrong. Just where the fcuk do you think it went wrong then? Just where did the PM sneak in and furtle with the initials? You don't understand the bonus issue either.

The way you have tried to spin this into a political issue is dull and pointless.
  7. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

They sent my granny an Iron Cross, apparently my grandad did more to help the boxheads than he did us.

Saying that, she slept with half of 30 Corps but said the RAF could never get it up.

What a non story, but if Fallshirmjager is starting the outrage bus, I'll tag on the bumper in my rollerskates.
  8. bus still isn;t back from last week so you will all have to wait
  9. I watched the re-run of Have I Got News For You last night where they discussed the now famous Brown letter and the follow-up phone call. Apparently the Sun, on it's website called her Mrs Jones. Only the Sun could have the unbelievable effrontery to pull Brown up for getting her name wrong and then do it themselves!
  10. These mistakes should not happen and why aren't these posthumous EC, ,medals and personal letters doubled checked to save embarrassment for the government/mod and hurt caused to soldiers families .
  11. Lt. Shearer was killed in a Snatch L/R which was inadequate for the job in hand. Kick up a fuss over that if you like, but in the grand scheme of things, what's a missed initial on an EC?
  12. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

No they should not; but they do. Get a life!