Wrong GCSEs

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by barbs, Feb 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ladies and Gentlemen,

Your help please...

A young gentlemen is seeking assistance with becoming an Army Officer. He has the requisite minimum grades etc, but his GCSEs do not include the required Science or Language (he has Maths and English). Anyone know a loophole/precedent around this particular blockade?

Thanks in advance.

2. Money. Maj Gen (The Duke of )Westminster only has 1 GCE O level.
  3. Barbs,

Is he a serving tom? All kinds of ways round this if he is?

Or he could look at the PRMAS route...
  4. Any reason why he can't get stuck into night-school for a year? I chose the 'wrong' GCSEs at age 13 so spent an extra year studying at age 17.
  5. Thanks - no he's not a tom. Funnily enough at 14 he didn't know what he wanted to do and didn't focus on science.

Some O2 thief is suggesting he can't be considered because he doesn't have breadth of GCSEs whereas he's about to complete a degree!
  6. He is willing to do it and will do it... but wants to start the administrivia ball rolling which the O2 thief is being recalictrant about. As if we have a recruiting surplus...
  7. msr

msr LE

He's TA ;)

8. I didn't think you could be TA above Brigadier???

Surely a Duke would get an honorary title, so wouldn't be a good example?
  9. StabTiffy2B - If you are worth £6 Billion you can be whatever rank you want to be!!!! :lol: He does not draw his wages - they go to the Army Benevolent Fund. A few years ago they were changing the role of his Sqn to landrovers instead of CVR(T) and he went out and bought, personally, out of his own pocket all the required hardware to equip his blokes.
  10. Barbs he should just ask his University Liaison Officer (ULO) who is on the staff of his local CRR.
  11. Sorry folks but he is a non starter! If he has not got science or a language he will not get in to the Officer CORPS.
  12. so a degree would not over-ride the GCSE stipulation?
  13. I doubt it because if he can't pass GCSE Maths, how likely is it he'd have a degree in Maths? For example.
  14. :? That's rather nonsensical! He might have great trouble with languages and be a maths whizz! Also many degrees have no direct link to any subject one may study at GCSE level.
  15. That's why I said Likely. :roll: