Wrong Body Arrives Home - Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by IrishGuard, Apr 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sad state of affairs. Not much else to say other than really sad. Not only has the poor widow got to have the distinction of her late husband being the first Aussie squaddie killed in Iraq. That he died because of a possible self inflicted injury. That they sent her the wrong body.

RIP Pvt Kovco, hope your wife gets some peace.
  2. I was amazed to hear on the radio news today a cretinous spokesperson (I did not catch where from but I would guess Aussie Army) say

'The mistake will be rectified'.

It must be a big relief to Mrs Kovco to know that the mistake is to be rectified and not have to make do with the body supplied!
  3. deleted
  4. Says alot for the procedures involved that they can't send ONE body home correctly!!!!

Whose body did they send to her?

As stated, why aren't the RAAF flying him home?
  5. A civvie contractor. I'm not sure what country he was from.

Like many responsibilites within the ADF, they are now being contracted out, usually to the lowest tenderer. :roll:
  6. And that's the rub isn't it.

If you die in Iraq, you want your brothers in arms to bring you back (well the RAF will do).

Not some disinterested contractor on the dehoginmarised chicken supreme run, with a pilot who usually flys rubber dog poo out of Hong Kong.
  7. Oh great. I'm sure the "I knew a bloke whose sister knows a bloke, etc,etc" is really helpful for the family. There is a formal investigation underway on the death. A seperate one on the error with the bodies (Blooody unforgivable) and an investigation into the flow of information breakdowns.
  8. deleted
  9. Sh*t happens.
  10. Deleted by self - superseded - thanks D_S.
  11. May he Rest In Peace, however he died