Writing to the adjutant

Discussion in 'Officers' started by duckiciao, Jul 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As some of you may know, I hope to sign my life away within the next year. However, first off, I would like to write a letter to the Adj of the Blues and Royals, basically asking him what would be the best steps to take etc to gaining a commision in that regiment.

Much thanks,

2. Thanks for sharing. Was there something else you wanted, or did you just want to tell us that.

PS Here's a tip for free. It would be a good start if you could spell commission.
  3. And Lieutenant!! :D
  4. Well spotted that man! Gold star, and straight to the top of the class.
  5. HCR eh? As I understand it, if you have to write to introduce yourself then it's already too late. Unless the Adj has intimate knowledge of your back-passgae from Eton, or your Dad used to flagellate his Dad 'in the old days' then you've sh1t out old chap. Try the RTR instead...

6. Ducki, you might feel that the responses on here are a bit harsh, however, you have actually failed to ask a question.

Spectacular! :thumleft:
  7. *bright red face*

Yeah, on re-reading the post, I have failed to ask a question. What a pillock I am. Im sure it was much later than 10 to 9 when I wrote that. thats my excuse and Im sticking by it.

Read the original post and then insert:

'So, what would be the best things to put in the letter? Should it be short and sweet or long and informative? etc etc'
  8. Just pop in a photo of the school rowing eight, your bank statement from Coutts and a photocopy of the family entry in Debretts. That should clinch it...
  9. The Chavalry? No thank you sir....
  10. That attitude is hardly going to help your chances of getting into any Regt, let alone through RMAS. Grow up. Once you've actually done some service you can start to slag off other units. Until then wind your neck in.

11. diplomat

diplomat War Hero Book Reviewer

May I suggest you print off a copy of this thread so far, and then send it as an annex to your introductory letter. That should help!
  12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

All depends if you want to work and gain respect (Oh I'll get stick for that one :lol: ) or go straight in through RMAS :!:

If the former, then experience and being good will see you through to Major after 15-20 years. If the latter then after 15-20 years you will probably still be a Major. :D

Good luck
  13. Excuse me..We like Flagelation as well you know.. :D :lol:
  14. Yes, but with a much less expensive riding crop...
  15. Duck, I´ve only read a few of your posts in the last week or two, but I feel like I´ve known you all my life. And what I know about you is that you are deeply unsuited to a career as an officer in any regiment, least of all my old regiment. Any one who goes onto an internet forum to ask for advice from complete strangers about how to write a letter of introduction would be better off in telesales or possibly stacking shelves. As for slagging off another regiment, remember that banter is the priviledge of those on the inside, who are prepared to take as well as give.

Face it now and stop wasting everyone´s time, you´re not for it.