Writing on the wall for Labour

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by smartarse, Sep 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Labour conference: Harman attacks Tories over vote plan

Harriet Harman is complaining that moves to reform electoral registration will cost Labour 10 million votes. The proposed system will see every voter registering individually rather than the head of the household declaring how many people in the house are entitled to vote.

Sounds perfectly fair to me.

2. Excellent decision, so those households where the Male deems he is head of the household can withhold votes from other parties within it. Now I wonder who lives in a house like that? I would have thought the massive debt would have been more of a worry.

3. Well it's the same rules for the Tories and Lib-Dems, tough shit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Sounds perfectly fair to anyone, it will be hard for Labour to fight against as I do not see a basis.....

5. Stupid woman.

Shame on you all, residents of Camberwell and Peckham.

6. But in a patriarchal society as with some immigrant families this could cause some upset.

7. I think that points already been made ....

8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind ;-)

9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Even more good news :)

• Like Like x 2

10. View attachment 51547

It will be the individual's responsibility to make sure that he/she/it is on the electoral register, and with any luck will severely impede the postal vote fraud as encouraged under the Labour Governments. This combined with the boundary commissions changes should hopefully put paid to future Labour governments without forming coalitions with the Limp Dems.

11. Sorry it seems I was a bit to subtle.

12. Are we gauranteed that the information on a new electoral roll will not be sold commercially?
    Excuse my sceptecism but the DVLA sells information, I wouldn't be happy with providing more information without a reasonable expectation that the data is protected.

13. Well, the door's always open to them to **** off somewhere else that will have them.

• Like Like x 2
  14. It has been available commercially for years - nothing new.