Writing Home?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by bell559, Feb 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

On the kit list for Catterick it says "Paper, pencil and writing equipment, for writing home" (or something similar)

Was wondering whether its worth taking or will there be times where we can Email back home instead?
    I like the idea of writing home but seems a bid odd to me if we had access to internet.

Thanks for any info
  2. Do exactly what it says on the tin.

It says take writing equipment on the joining instructions so take it. Your going to get a little bit of time at night after the rest of your admin is completed to write home in your first six weeks or so. Your not going to get time to get on a computer and send emails.
  3. Ok cheers IRON

Yea thought after i posted this that probs wont get a chance to Email in first 6 weeks.
  4. Take the Paper, pencil and writing equipment, for writing home" ,As you have been advised to do and dont forget postage stamps
    Being honest there is nothing nicer than receiving a letter from your loved one which as been hand written .
    Go to W.H. Smith they have some really nice writing kits there to buy .
    Gook Luck . :D
  5. A letter means so much more then an email...You can keep it forever that way,As a memory.
  6. send email get your old dears to print them out, problem solved....

Getting letters is good though especially if the are sprayed with old spice and contain naked phots of your mum
  7. Who are you kidding fruitloop, the only "letters" you receive are restraining orders.
  8. Ignore this mong. Its diseased, and lies about having cancer.
  9. Are "letters" still issued?
  10. Yes French ones are still issued from most med centres. Be careful of the ones the bored duty medic has put pins in though when he's bored.
  11. there is nothing better than recieving mail mate, ive got every letter my missus sent me, be it training, batus or op tours.