Wrist watches

Since i can remember i've always had a cheap wrist watch from argos which usually lasted about 2 months before needing replaced, i think its about time i shelled out some tokens and got a new shiny(ish) watch for general day to day use, i would quite like it to be waterproof for obvious reasons and to have glowy dials, etc.

I quite liked the look of the "P 5900 Type 3" by Traser P 5900 Type 3 [T-P5900-3] - £80.99 : RVOps, Military Boots, Clothing and Equipment but from the reviews i've read the P5900 is quite small, for most i would assume this isn't a problem but on my chunky wrists it would look like gash.

I'm proper lost on what to get and where to look, i would really appreciate it if you fellas could point me in the right direction or give me a reccomendation....

Cheers
ANC

Try the search function for "watch", you'll find loads and loads of suggestions. I'll give it around 10 posts before the watches suggested start to run into 4 figures!

It's easy, think about how much you want to spend, what you want the watch to do and then what's important? Does it have to look bling or do you want a name or do you not care about those things? I've got Breitlings, Tags, Omegas, and a Rolex or two, but you know, to work I alternate between my Seamaster GMT (around £1400) and my G-Shock (£65). Both do the same thing really. You pays your money you takes your choice!

T

Tinman74

Try the search function for "watch", you'll find loads and loads of suggestions. I'll give it around 10 posts before the watches suggested start to run into 4 figures!

It's easy, think about how much you want to spend, what you want the watch to do and then what's important? Does it have to look bling or do you want a name or do you not care about those things? I've got Breitlings, Tags, Omegas, and a Rolex or two, but you know, to work I alternate between my Seamaster GMT (around £1400) and my G-Shock (£65). Both do the same thing really. You pays your money you takes your choice!
Search function has been spotty to say the least over the last few days!!

Since i can remember i've always had a cheap wrist watch from argos which usually lasted about 2 months before needing replaced, i think its about time i shelled out some tokens and got a new shiny(ish) watch for general day to day use, i would quite like it to be waterproof for obvious reasons and to have glowy dials, etc.

I quite liked the look of the "P 5900 Type 3" by Traser P 5900 Type 3 [T-P5900-3] - £80.99 : RVOps, Military Boots, Clothing and Equipment but from the reviews i've read the P5900 is quite small, for most i would assume this isn't a problem but on my chunky wrists it would look like gash.

I'm proper lost on what to get and where to look, i would really appreciate it if you fellas could point me in the right direction or give me a reccomendation....

Cheers
ANC
Ive got a Traser mate, no complaints. Decent looking watch, well made and been bashed all over the place and not a mark on it. Much better than my old G-shock which had a weakness where the strap meets the watch and constantly broke when pulling on my bergen.

Have a google for nite watches. Tritium lume like the trasers and just as tough but loads of styles. Sounds right up your street and will last forever and only cost a couple hundred!

I find that not wearing one and relying on other mugs to keep track of time does two things:

1. It saves me a shed load of cash
2. I means I don't know that I'm late.................................... :eek:)