Wrist Pain

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Griffo909, Nov 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, hurt my wrist at the weekend quite bad playing football and now it hurts like hell when i move it back, im sure its only a bad strain but i have have selection soon and would rather my wrist was back to full potential, anyone got any tips on how to reduce pain and hopefully have it cleared up in a few days?

Thx :)

2. Use the other hand for a while. Besides, it will feel like someone else.

Once you get used to that, try sitting on it until it 'goes to sleep'.

Sorry, nothing constructive or helpful to say. (Apart from a steady supply of an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen. You could also try RICE; Rest, Ice -bag off frozen peas for 15 minutes a go, Compression - Tubigrip bandage or such like, Elevation - keep the affected limb at the level of the heart.)

3. Get it checked out asap. Two months ago I injured my wrist playing rugby (landed heavily on the palm and jolted it then played on, in hindsight not the smartest thing to do) and assumed it would sort itself out fairly sharpish. After a month and a half it was still giving me serious gyp so I went to the docs and he diagnosed a strain and possible ligament damage. To get physio on the NHS was likely to take between 3 and 4 months which isn't ideal as I join up in January so I went to a private physio where I'm now getting various treatments (at £25 per 1/2 hour) and the difference in 3 weeks has been far beyond the rate it was progressing before. Had I gone to the physio straightaway I'm convinced I would've been fine by now.

I have pain in the joint area and it makes forward and backward (not side to side) motion very painful. If that's similar to what you have then let me know and I can describe the exercises the physio gave me.

4. Football? Never heard it called that. Give w@nking a rest for a bit :p

5. rjv1 the pain is at the joint area on the left side of the wrist, the pain is bad atm when i move it but bearable, i was at a course all the weekend and still managed to blast out 50 press ups so atm i am not sure on the extent of the damage, but yeah pm me those exercises please bud as theres no point me assuming their is 'little' damage when i am not fully sure.

6. Done.

7. Cheers pal :)

8. see a doc or private physio.

if you've done a ligament, exercises could well make it worse.

nobody here is qualified to make an indepth diagnosis. a professional will be able to tell you the quickest way to get fit.