Wray and Nephew

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Lepus, Jun 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone had any experience of this fine beverage.

For those of you who don't know what it is:

White Spirit in a Bottle

2. No. Is it good? Rocket fuel perhaps? Burns out the stomach lining?

3. Yeh, I've sampled it..... then woke up two days later. The alternative to paraffin; surely someone put a match to it!

4. Yes, they do a selection if memory serves me. Needs to be sipped, otherwise you have trouble breathing. I believe it's actually recommended for cooking (or that could be a different brand, perhaps) due to the high alcohol content.

I preferred some Austrian rum, the name escapes me at the moment, but that was 80% and was a dark colour. (edited to add - STROH 80)
    http://www.stroh.co.uk/stroh/verwendung/shooter_e.html

The trouble with the high octane rums is that it's very easy to get a splitting headache (even before the hangover) and your guts feel as though they've been wrenched apart for most of the following day.

5. Looks good for cleaning oil off small sea creatures.

6. Drank it while in Jamaica, i say drank..i took a sip and thought of the hottest vindaloo in liquid form mixed with caustic soda!!!

7. My mate's brought me some rum back from The Cayman Islands, I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet, but he reckons it's like 80% Malibu.
    Cooool!!

8. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

It's brill! We found it in an offy in Bedford, a litre for a princely sum of 15 quid.

A mate and I sat down to try it; 3 hours later, and as pissed as irish bishops, about half the bottle was gone. Fantastic! Woke up, felt rather poorly, so back on it. For the next two days. Brilliant. :D

9. Fcuking mint, it cleans your throat out a fair old bit!

2 Shots a night out makes!

10. I shall be down the offy in the morning.
    Anything to get rid of this pesky reality.

Thanks

Quack

11. They sell it for a very generous price per shot in the Wetherspoons.

12. The label looks familiar but I cant remember 1990..... just called a mate in the UK, he cant remember 1990 either, but the label looked familiar. Now where did I leave 93, 94 and 96.

W@nker just called me back to make sure it was me that called, bit peaved at my call apparently.

13. The only drink I've drunk that literally left me speechless. Great stuff, just don't drink it neat!

14. But neat is the way to drink it, if you dilute it you had may as well just drink neat Bacardi.

15. Fair one. But even diluted it knocks you over. There's also the added benefit of actually being able to breathe!