WRAC Provost/RMP Uniform question

Any old RMP sweats give me advice on WRAC Provost No 1 dress badging?

Picked up a jacket without badges although it has RMP buttons. So to badge it for the period (WRAC) I would like to know which buttons, collar dogs and what badge should be worn on the female RMP No 1 hat for the period?

Thank you guys and girls.

Im sure the delightful KathyWest might have some in her wardrobe somewhere!! Hidden amongst her stockings, g-strings, dildos, high heeled shoes.....splodge!! nurse!! :oops:

Yes, I knew at least one of you would make some comment like that. :)

perverted minds think alike!!! :D

General Melchett said:
Any old RMP sweats give me advice on WRAC Provost No 1 dress badging?

Picked up a jacket without badges although it has RMP buttons. So to badge it for the period (WRAC) I would like to know which buttons, collar dogs and what badge should be worn on the female RMP No 1 hat for the period?

What worries me is the fact that you have started wearing womens clothing. Got something to tell us Melchy?

General Melchett said:
Any old RMP sweats give me advice on WRAC Provost No 1 dress badging? I would like to know which buttons, collar dogs and what badge should be worn on the female RMP No 1 hat for the period?
Don't know new snail-mail address or new phone nos but try an email to Museum Curator c/o rhq@rhqrmp.freeserve.co.uk He has back copies of Corps Journals and may even have a dummy dressed in uniform of the period! Don't ask why!

Thank you OldRedCap. Sensible reply.

The rest of you can all go to the NAAFI!...............................Grrrrrrrrrrr

All cap and collar badges as well as buttons were WRAC, with the addition of an RMP collar badge which was worn on the left breast to signify the affliation of the trade.

As far as I am aware this was the same for all WRAC and remember seeing them wear R SIGNALS, INT CORPS and others in the same fashion.

Of course in 1992 when the WRAC was scrapped and the girls joined the Corps of Royal Military Police (just in time to be forced into the AGC (arrrragh!!!!)) the former practice was dropped and they were issued complete RMP insignia.

Inf/MP said:
All cap and collar badges as well as buttons were WRAC, with the addition of an RMP collar badge which was worn on the left breast to signify the affliation of the trade.

As far as I am aware this was the same for all WRAC and remember seeing them wear R SIGNALS, INT CORPS and others in the same fashion.

Of course in 1992 when the WRAC was scrapped and the girls joined the Corps of Royal Military Police (just in time to be forced into the AGC (arrrragh!!!!)) the former practice was dropped and they were issued complete RMP insignia.

Cheers. I had a feeling that's how it was and the jacket I'd got was issued/rebadged after '92 despite being labelled WRAC.

OldRedCap said:
Sorry to pish in your pot InfMP but I think the left breast badge was RMP as worn in cap/beret rather than the small collar-dog version?
Neagtive - t'was the collar bage.

whocares said:
OldRedCap said:
Sorry to pish in your pot InfMP but I think the left breast badge was RMP as worn in cap/beret rather than the small collar-dog version?
Neagtive - t'was the collar bage.
And now without alcohol - 'Negative - t'was collar badge' !