WRAC Provost/RMP Uniform question

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by General Melchett, Feb 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Any old RMP sweats give me advice on WRAC Provost No 1 dress badging?

Picked up a jacket without badges although it has RMP buttons. So to badge it for the period (WRAC) I would like to know which buttons, collar dogs and what badge should be worn on the female RMP No 1 hat for the period?

Thank you guys and girls.
  2. Ask Kathy West.
  3. Im sure the delightful KathyWest might have some in her wardrobe somewhere!! Hidden amongst her stockings, g-strings, dildos, high heeled shoes.....splodge!! nurse!! :oops:
  4. General Melchett

Yes, I knew at least one of you would make some comment like that. :)
  5. perverted minds think alike!!! :D
  6. What worries me is the fact that you have started wearing womens clothing. Got something to tell us Melchy?
  7. Don't know new snail-mail address or new phone nos but try an email to Museum Curator c/o rhq@rhqrmp.freeserve.co.uk He has back copies of Corps Journals and may even have a dummy dressed in uniform of the period! Don't ask why!
  8. I don't think that he needs to. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
  9. General Melchett

Thank you OldRedCap. Sensible reply.

The rest of you can all go to the NAAFI!...............................Grrrrrrrrrrr
  10. All cap and collar badges as well as buttons were WRAC, with the addition of an RMP collar badge which was worn on the left breast to signify the affliation of the trade.

As far as I am aware this was the same for all WRAC and remember seeing them wear R SIGNALS, INT CORPS and others in the same fashion.

Of course in 1992 when the WRAC was scrapped and the girls joined the Corps of Royal Military Police (just in time to be forced into the AGC (arrrragh!!!!)) the former practice was dropped and they were issued complete RMP insignia.
  11. General Melchett

Cheers. I had a feeling that's how it was and the jacket I'd got was issued/rebadged after '92 despite being labelled WRAC.
  12. Sorry to pish in your pot InfMP but I think the left breast badge was RMP as worn in cap/beret rather than the small collar-dog version?
  13. Pot Pisher.
  14. calling the kettle black! Don't come on here taking the urine - get on with your c.v.
  15. Neagtive - t'was the collar bage.