WRAC army regulations, female soldiers allowed sussies and s

#1
Whats the uniform regs for the ladies of the army of the land?

on or under :) their No1 and mess dress.....wonder if they're allowed to wear stockings and sussies?

Any sightings ???

Cheers
:D :p
 
#2
Is this going to be a Kathy West thread under an assumed name?
 
#3
Raven2008 said:
Whats the uniform regs for the ladies of the army of the land?

on or under :) their No1 and mess dress.....wonder if they're allowed to wear stockings and sussies?

Any sightings ???

Cheers
:D :p
WRAC Regulations? Are you living in a time warp???

Pervert.
 
#4
There are no regulations governing this. They can wear what they want as long as it meets colour and dernier requirements. They certainly used to receive a "hosiery allowance". Not sure if they still do.

When the Royal Navy Nursing Corps admitted men for the first time back in the 80s, the first bloke's 1157 included the entry "tights, 3 prs or suspender belt and stockings, 3 prs". Not sure if he wore them though!
 
#5
Raven2008 said:
Whats the uniform regs for the ladies of the army of the land?

on or under :) their No1 and mess dress.....wonder if they're allowed to wear stockings and sussies?

Any sightings ???

Cheers
:D :p
American Tan coloured tights. It was on the kit list for Sandhurst, under "women", er, obviously :oops:

Sorry to disappoint you. Perv.
 
#6
I've heard that Sluggy uses gravy browning and eye liner pencil.

Takes her ages to get ready when she decides to wear "fishnets". ;)
 
#7
putteesinmyhands said:
I've heard that Sluggy uses gravy browning and eye liner pencil.

Takes her ages to get ready when she decides to wear "fishnets". ;)
You're entering the shady world of the sex / pies interface. Quite a dangerous combination for the mid-life crisis facing male....
 
#8
Lt Roberta Platt-Higgins WRAC (as was probably retired now) wore sussies... or so I am led to beleive by the pictures.

:)
 
#9
Apparently ,,,,Rumour/legend has it that... When 7 Sigs in Herford was fitted with a new fangled CCTV system in the 80s. One of the cameras could be turned to face the back of the Officers mess & one night there was a WRAC orderly Sgt from up the road at 4Div , getting a right good knee trembler off a Capt 2ic Sqn, she was alledged to be wearing a full set of french webbing aswell. Anybody remember this ?? It was the talk of the camp for some time after the guys getting off stag had managed to get down the Jungle & relive thier visual experiance over a few Tennants !!!

LT
 

chimera

LE
Moderator
#10
chocolate_frog said:
Lt Roberta Platt-Higgins WRAC (as was probably retired now) wore sussies... or so I am led to beleive by the pictures.

:)
Didnt think it would be long before her name appeared. There's a whole thread on her somewhere on here. Not that I looked of course. Much.
 
#11
Gearspotter said:
There are no regulations governing this. They can wear what they want as long as it meets colour and dernier requirements. They certainly used to receive a "hosiery allowance". Not sure if they still do.

When the Royal Navy Nursing Corps admitted men for the first time back in the 80s, the first bloke's 1157 included the entry "tights, 3 prs or suspender belt and stockings, 3 prs". Not sure if he wore them though!

in the privacy of his own room, out of curiosity, just the once....


...the defence rests, m'lud
 
#12
LoneTree said:
Apparently ,,,,Rumour/legend has it that... When 7 Sigs in Herford was fitted with a new fangled CCTV system in the 80s. One of the cameras could be turned to face the back of the Officers mess & one night there was a WRAC orderly Sgt from up the road at 4Div , getting a right good knee trembler off a Capt 2ic Sqn, she was alledged to be wearing a full set of french webbing aswell. Anybody remember this ?? It was the talk of the camp for some time after the guys getting off stag had managed to get down the Jungle & relive thier visual experiance over a few Tennants !!!

LT
Sorry can not think of a single SNCO WRAC at 4 ADSR, Only JNCO and Ptes
(early 80's)
 
#13
hairyhandbag said:
Sorry can not think of a single SNCO WRAC at 4 ADSR, Only JNCO and Ptes
(early 80's)
Mavbe they got promoted later.
 
#14
hairyhandbag said:
LoneTree said:
Apparently ,,,,Rumour/legend has it that... When 7 Sigs in Herford was fitted with a new fangled CCTV system in the 80s. One of the cameras could be turned to face the back of the Officers mess & one night there was a WRAC orderly Sgt from up the road at 4Div , getting a right good knee trembler off a Capt 2ic Sqn, she was alledged to be wearing a full set of french webbing aswell. Anybody remember this ?? It was the talk of the camp for some time after the guys getting off stag had managed to get down the Jungle & relive thier visual experiance over a few Tennants !!!

LT
Sorry can not think of a single SNCO WRAC at 4 ADSR, Only JNCO and Ptes
(early 80's)
Close but no cigar I am afraid - I was there at the time and it's amusing to see how stories have grown in the telling! The lady to which you allude was a Captain QARANC. However there was no "knee trembler" action I am afraid to say. There was a party in the Officers Mess that night on "dress as your favourite personality" theme. She came as Madonna in fishnets, basque and a skirt that doubled as a belt! She got out of her car and spent several minutes adjusting her webbing etc. Needless to say all the cameras focused on her and recorded the action!

She later married a friend of mine so I will let her know she is still being talked about!

I am sure there will now follow a raft of Death and Nurses comments!
 
#15
Gearspotter said:
hairyhandbag said:
LoneTree said:
Apparently ,,,,Rumour/legend has it that... When 7 Sigs in Herford was fitted with a new fangled CCTV system in the 80s. One of the cameras could be turned to face the back of the Officers mess & one night there was a WRAC orderly Sgt from up the road at 4Div , getting a right good knee trembler off a Capt 2ic Sqn, she was alledged to be wearing a full set of french webbing aswell. Anybody remember this ?? It was the talk of the camp for some time after the guys getting off stag had managed to get down the Jungle & relive thier visual experiance over a few Tennants !!!

LT
Sorry can not think of a single SNCO WRAC at 4 ADSR, Only JNCO and Ptes
(early 80's)
Close but no cigar I am afraid - I was there at the time and it's amusing to see how stories have grown in the telling! The lady to which you allude was a Captain QARANC. However there was no "knee trembler" action I am afraid to say. There was a party in the Officers Mess that night on "dress as your favourite personality" theme. She came as Madonna in fishnets, basque and a skirt that doubled as a belt! She got out of her car and spent several minutes adjusting her webbing etc. Needless to say all the cameras focused on her and recorded the action!

She later married a friend of mine so I will let her know she is still being talked about!

I am sure there will now follow a raft of Death and Nurses comments!
<hopeful mode>

Don't suppose there were any photos? No 'course not. Silly me.
 
#17
The only dress regs I remember for WRAKs were at Kineton where they had to wear "knickers green" for PT parade. Not that these were flattering or worth a Wonk over, not even worth a good old fashioned photgraph, but in todays era of the digital camera?
 
#18
LoneTree said:
Apparently ,,,,Rumour/legend has it that... When 7 Sigs in Herford was fitted with a new fangled CCTV system in the 80s. One of the cameras could be turned to face the back of the Officers mess & one night there was a WRAC orderly Sgt from up the road at 4Div , getting a right good knee trembler off a Capt 2ic Sqn, she was alledged to be wearing a full set of french webbing aswell. Anybody remember this ?? It was the talk of the camp for some time after the guys getting off stag had managed to get down the Jungle & relive thier visual experiance over a few Tennants !!!

LT

Blast, I was at Herford about thirty years too early.

WRAC soldiers were few and far between in those days and in all my nine years I never scored one.

I did manage a couple of NAAFI girls though....but alas, no fancy underwear.
 
#19
As I recall, the undergarments on general issue to WRACS were:

Bloomers, Reinforced Gusset, XXXL
Tights,, Flabby Thigh Restraining, Size 12 Foot
Bra, Saggy Tit Uplifting, SWR Underwired, Size 40BB-50BB
 
#20
basso said:
LoneTree said:
Apparently ,,,,Rumour/legend has it that... When 7 Sigs in Herford was fitted with a new fangled CCTV system in the 80s. One of the cameras could be turned to face the back of the Officers mess & one night there was a WRAC orderly Sgt from up the road at 4Div , getting a right good knee trembler off a Capt 2ic Sqn, she was alledged to be wearing a full set of french webbing aswell. Anybody remember this ?? It was the talk of the camp for some time after the guys getting off stag had managed to get down the Jungle & relive thier visual experiance over a few Tennants !!!

LT

Blast, I was at Herford about thirty years too early.

WRAC soldiers were few and far between in those days and in all my nine years I never scored one.

I did manage a couple of NAAFI girls though....but alas, no fancy underwear.
You managed a couple of NAAFI girls, what are you the NAAFI Manager?
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jack-daniels The NAAFI Bar 14
the_guru The NAAFI Bar 122
carpetsfm7sr94champs Royal Signals 16

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads