Wow! Im extremely impressed!

E

error_unknown

Yeah, but could he drink fifteen pints of Guinness and eat three kebabs with extra chili sauce in one evening? I think not...

shortfuse said:
And he was on a biff chit aswell , he says next time he's going to pull his finger out of his arrse :lol:
:p :p :p :p

The sherpas of Everest never cease to amaze me. Quiet and unassuming. Well done that chap. I had enough problems walking the West Highland Way and then climbing Ben Nevis. But there again I was piissed every night!

E

error_unknown

Gunny Highway said:
The sherpas of Everest never cease to amaze me. Quiet and unassuming. Well done that chap. I had enough problems walking the West Highland Way and then climbing Ben Nevis. But there again I was piissed every night!
There was an article recently in your media with a possible explaination of how the environment on Everast has the ability to change so quickly:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/science_technology/story.jsp?story=525295
How eight Everest mountaineers really did disappear 'Into Thin Air'

chimera

LE
Lucky he wasn't in the army otherwise he would have had to have had to submit a full high risk assessment, be in possession of half a dozen totally unattainable (excluding for APTC woollyhatters) course qualifications, be accompanied by a fully qualified Himalayan guide, a mountain rescue team, a fully qualified paramedic, a decent lawyer, and a PR spin doctor to make sure that the ensuing press conference was 'on message'.

hey chimera,

Is the organisation of army expeditions really a bit over zealous? or are you half messing?

i've done a bit of climbing and one of the major pull factors for joining the army is the opportunity to keep going on expeditions... especially when i see the army expedition to Makalu (not that I'd like to try that particular peak)... is the adventurous excercises thing not all its cracked up to be?

chimera

LE
Ok so I was taking the piss a bit. but we are still the victims of (a) the H&S brigade, and (b) 'creeping excellence' from the overseeing authorities over qualifications.

chimera

LE
archbishbop said:
Wots this thread about?
You will never know the power of the dark side...............................