Wounded Veteran Badge

Searching on Ebay for a veterans badge for an old boy in the pub who's lost his (he's about 80 bless) and came across this.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WOUNDED-VETER...ryZ42374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Are these officially sanctioned? if not why not? or perhaps something similar.

Shouldn't members of the armed forces who have been injured through Ops or training (and I know several career soldiers who have had to change army career or leave as a result of training) be given some sort of official recognition?

PoGs
www.pocketcomms.co.uk

Attachments

oldbaldy

LE
Not seen it before. Looks like someone has had a load made as a money spinner.
As for all getting them. As documented on here at various times, 'What constitutes an injury'?

The Red Cross is a protected symbol, and can only be used in this country by the MOD and British Red Cross Society.

As I can't access Ebay at work, what's the description of this?

oldbaldy

LE
ViroBono said:
The Red Cross is a protected symbol, and can only be used in this country by the MOD and British Red Cross Society.

As I can't access Ebay at work, what's the description of this?
All he has is:
WOUNDED VETERAN.ENAMELLED LAPEL BADGE.SIZE 2 x 2.5cms.NEW.
Has an Ebay shop selling other badges mainly of units.

There is currently 4 on Ebay

three from shops of some sort with no more detail and one from a private seller with details thus:-

VETERAN ' S

WHITE METAL & ENAMEL LAPEL BADGE

In First Class Condition Throughout

Measures :. (just under) 2.5 cm high X (just under) 2.5 cm wide

rear brooch fitting IN EXCELLENT ORDER .

a fine quality badge

stamped :.

S. MORRIS (on back)

PoGs
www.pocketcomms.co.uk

Surely a veteran's badge says it all.

In my experience, the vast majority of veterans want recognition, not sympathy. The 'wounded' part of this badge seems to play on the latter.

I agree with RFUK. Recognition of the sacrifice made is normally all Veterans seek. Not some little pin confirming to Joe Public what they think in their heads.

There must be a demand for them as he/she's selling them. I've never seen one before and come to think of it probably wouldn't wear one.
I don't wear my veterans badge partly because I am still in (TA).

PoGS
www.pocketcomms.co.uk

A lot of wounded recognition badges came in during the wars to prevent "white feathering" or abuse of veterans SNLR, due to wounds.

There was an official invalid badge during both WW1 and WW2 IIRC...silver with imperial crown?

As I thought! Here's the badgers or indeed badges:

a)WW2

and

b)WW1

for a minute there I thought this was going to be another bone petition to the govt for yet another badge/medal/recognition card.

Cuddles said:
As I thought! Here's the badgers or indeed badges:

a)WW2

and

b)WW1

Ah! Now you're talking. I'd be happy to wear one of those chaps; For King and Empire. Yes.

For Tone's ambition and Gordon's loathing; No.

Just as as side issue is there a way that a genuine Old Boy, having lost his (Normal) veterans badge, get hold of another, through some official channels rather than paying top whack on Ebay?

PoGs
www.pocketcomms.co.uk

if he has any dramas get him to PM me, Ive been sent 3.

I have seen a load of Vets Badges on eBay and although many are different sellers I have seen one seller with a seemingly endless supply? Where/how does he acquire them? Also I saw a few people taking the pish selling them for between £900 to £1000 and believe it or not the one for a £1k sold 8O