Wounded Veteran Badge

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by POGscribbler, Feb 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Searching on Ebay for a veterans badge for an old boy in the pub who's lost his (he's about 80 bless) and came across this.....

Are these officially sanctioned? if not why not? or perhaps something similar.

Shouldn't members of the armed forces who have been injured through Ops or training (and I know several career soldiers who have had to change army career or leave as a result of training) be given some sort of official recognition?

Attached Files:

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Not seen it before. Looks like someone has had a load made as a money spinner.
    As for all getting them. As documented on here at various times, 'What constitutes an injury'?
  3. Seems like someone is trying to cash in on the yanks Purple Heart idea.
  4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The Red Cross is a protected symbol, and can only be used in this country by the MOD and British Red Cross Society.

As I can't access Ebay at work, what's the description of this?
  5. This is all it says Viro,- WOUNDED VETERAN.ENAMELLED LAPEL BADGE.SIZE 2 x 2.5cms.NEW. His site is full of cap badges and other lapel badges even this :- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AFGHANISTAN-VETERAN-ENAMELLED-LAPEL-PIN-BADGE-NEW_W0QQitemZ160192937528QQihZ006QQcategoryZ42374QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262
  6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

All he has is:
    Has an Ebay shop selling other badges mainly of units.
  7. There is currently 4 on Ebay

three from shops of some sort with no more detail and one from a private seller with details thus:-

In First Class Condition Throughout

Measures :. (just under) 2.5 cm high X (just under) 2.5 cm wide

rear brooch fitting IN EXCELLENT ORDER .

a fine quality badge

stamped :.

S. MORRIS (on back)

8. Surely a veteran's badge says it all.

In my experience, the vast majority of veterans want recognition, not sympathy. The 'wounded' part of this badge seems to play on the latter.
  9. I agree with RFUK. Recognition of the sacrifice made is normally all Veterans seek. Not some little pin confirming to Joe Public what they think in their heads.
  10. You'd look a proper chopper with that on.
  11. There must be a demand for them as he/she's selling them. I've never seen one before and come to think of it probably wouldn't wear one.
    I don't wear my veterans badge partly because I am still in (TA).

12. A lot of wounded recognition badges came in during the wars to prevent "white feathering" or abuse of veterans SNLR, due to wounds.

There was an official invalid badge during both WW1 and WW2 IIRC...silver with imperial crown?
  13. As I thought! Here's the badgers or indeed badges:

14. for a minute there I thought this was going to be another bone petition to the govt for yet another badge/medal/recognition card.

15. Ah! Now you're talking. I'd be happy to wear one of those chaps; For King and Empire. Yes.

For Tone's ambition and Gordon's loathing; No.