Wounded Digger Tied Himself to Vehicle and Fought On...

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Gheluvelt, Oct 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did a quick search and didn't see this anywhere else, apologies if I missed it somewhere...

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24538185-661,00.html

Sounds pretty nails to me...

2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Nails
    Another VC?

3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Nails and suffering a pay cut at the same time.

4. Nails made from tungsten with a splash of depleted uranium added for good measure.

5. But you have to enjoy an official statement this good!

"Several hours later Lt-Gen Gillespie revealed 105 SAS men had been victims of a stuff-up. He said 101 cases would be fixed immediately."

6. Nails as.

7. And they (Aussies) have just voted in a 'Labour' government!

8. Nails indeed.

9. I think that sums it up nicely!

Ref their pay cock-up, do they have JPA too?! :roll:

10. When I heard this earlier in less detail, I thought he lashed himself to the front seat...but feckin hell, between the BBs and radiator 8O

11. Towards the end of the article it says that the SAS soldier will be recommended for a "high level bravery award". I'm not sure how the Aussie honours and awards system works, but he must at least be considered for a VC.

By the way, NZ awarded a VC to one of its SAS soldiers last year for bravery in Afghanistan.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/jul/03/afghanistan.international

(Apologies to those ARRSEr's with an adversion to the Guardian/communist manifesto!)

12. Deffo nails - top soldier.

13. You know, this is a good thing, the Taliban must think the Aussies are nut's "look, they tie themselves on so they can fight on!"...they usually have the crazies, it's good we have some too.. 8)