Wouldnt you rather be somewhere else?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by ugly, Nov 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Sat in a design office thinking back to my youth and realising that it was full of outdoor adventure (and lots of sh1tty tasks) all paid for by the tax payer my mind wandered back to last september when I had just been laid off. Nice severance package and enough money for me not to have to sign on until the game shooting season finished.
    I of course would rather be out with my dogs, flushing game, stalking deer and to rub salt into a wound a friend in Nova Scotia sent me this:
    [​IMG]
    Recent weeks have seen me turning in late having been out stalking in the woods, scenes like this once a week to keep my sanity:
    [​IMG]
    But to be honest having spent an hour on the phone last night to a recruiter in Oz, (hope he didnt realise I was 9 parts cheap scotch!), I do understand that I am possibly fated to pass away whilst managing lumps of this sceptic ilse I spent my youth serving.
    Stuck in an office when even rain and sleet pour down is a poor substitute for a real life. One of my clients offered me a full time Keepers job last month on the proviso that he won that nights euro lottery. I keep wishing!

2. someone need a hug??

padre ext 4532

3. Good dream Ugly, not too hard to attain, hope you make it mate.

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

No just a boss that doesnt mind me not being at work!