Wouldnt you have liked to have seen their faces when the penny dropped?

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by chrisg46, Nov 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

2. What. A. Bunch. Of. Mongs.

Now they'll never be able to tell their brethren about the importance of ship recognition.

3. Can the death penalty be imposed in any country for piracy on the high seas? or has pc become worldwide," beat of the drums as the pirates are paraded through the ranks and the nooses placed around their necks, cut stage left to corpses swinging from the yard arm" ah they dont make swashbucklers like they used to, johnnie depp my arse!!!

4. Dastardly kaffas

5. That just about says it all!

6. Death would be infinately preferable to mandatory life in a US Federal Penitentiary.

7. I thought the Russian Navy had the ideal way of handling detainees?

8. Probably smiling as they have food heat light and medical care for life .

No social calls or sex , or maybe not

9. I'm shocked that the USN never actually brassed them up to resemble Swiss Cheese instead of capturing them.

I bet the gunners were disappointed that the Capt'n made such a 'humanitarian' decision. Hermer!!

10. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

An interesting defence:

"...the men's lawyers maintained the five only fired their weapons to attract attention and get help..."

Next time you think some one might be shooting at you just check that they are not just firing in order to attract your attention in a desperate plea for help.

11. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Yes sir I was only firing to attract attention....the fact we packed a handful of AKs and a few RPGs instead of the flare gun was just a mistake at the QM stores!!!

S_R

12. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

The defence lawyers can't make up their mind about why they fired.

First this:
    But the men's lawyers maintained the five only fired their weapons to attract attention and get help.

Then 4 paragraphs down they say this:
    Lawyers for the men said they were fishermen who had been forced by pirates to attack the ship.

So did they fire at the ship or not?