Would You?

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by B_AND_T, Oct 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I first donned the green kit in 1984 and over the years have seen many changes, a lot of which I don't like.

So my question being, knowing what you know now would you join up these days?
  2. Even more so these days though that's because civvy street is even worse than it was 20 years ago. The army is nowhere near as much fun as it used to be but at least blokes get to put their training to good use now instead of mincing around west Belfast or Co Tyrone. Much more money nowadays as well and a lot less bullshit.
  3. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

F@ck yes, I'd love to do it all again
  4. To be used for spurious political means, not for me chef, I'm full. For the mess, comrades and good times, definitely.
  5. Be in like a shot, having done a fair bit of "mincing" as fallschirm puts it, good pay, mates and best of all put into practice all that training, of course the next generation probably wont get the duty frees etc, which used to go some way towards making up for all the crap postings and the needless bullshit, yea were do i sign
  6. Cameraderie yes,bullshit no,on tour permanently no,recce afternoons yes,on the piss yes.
  7. Yes I would! There my have been shit times, but the good and the lads made up for it in bucket fulls!
  8. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

most definately, in fact i have just rejoined albeit the TA.
  9. Defintley, but doubt they would take me now though. Deaf, knacked leg amongst other bits dropping off or seizing up.
  10. Hell yes! Best time of my life and I get to use a lot of the knowledge I gained so I wouldn't change a thing. Well maybe the ......
  11. In a heartbeat, although not as my old trade as it is no longer with us.

Which leads nicely to another question:

Knowing what you do now, what trade would you join up as? With one eye on civvy street, I think I'd probably go for something in IT/Comms.
  12. Yes!!! :) :)

Same here!:thumright:
  13. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

The fools have let me back as I am fortunate enough to be dual traded in the eyes of the corp. My trade stream is short due to ops and general wastage. Draughtsman and Surveyor have done me well :)
  14. God yes. Miss the banter, the piss ups and telling a colleague that they are a cnut with a smile without a six month inquest.

Don't think they'd take a fat cnut with mental health issues though.

Insert TA gag here (__________________)
  15. I would still stick to EOD/Plant OP