Would you use this builder?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by sunami, Apr 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Taking the grandson to school this morning I passed a building site where an old church is being renovated, extra buildings built in the grounds and a new old peoples sheltered housing complex being created which cost several millions. I couldn't help but notice one of the work vans;

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Did those guys on the Hiab come over and ask if you was from the DSS?
  3. They may have done but I don't speak Polak.
  4. The guys in the background looked suspiciously nervous tho' :)

5. Seen on a van on the M25,

"Singh and Singh Builders, You have used the Cowboys now try the Indians"
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Saw this on a van in cardiff too, probably the same family.........

On a different note I also saw a van with "Panther removals" written on the side, bloke got a bit pissed of when I asked him if he could do tigers too....miserable cunt.
  7. I saw a red Sherpa Van in Belfast once, it had the name of a plumbing firm on the side but they'd forgotten to put an address or phone number on it....come to think of it......I was driving the fucker.
  8. Soggy4978

Soggy4978 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

A few weeks ago I walked past a van with the words "Winkle Removals" proudly emblazoned across the side. They're not coming near my winkle, I can tell you.
  9. This van made me laugh here in Aldershot......

• Like Like x 3
  10. [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  11. only yesterday a joiners van drove past me with "chisel me timbers" written on the side
  12. Scaffolding company in Sussex - "Poles Apart"

13. Round here we have, Basil Brush (Painter and Decorator), Tim'll fix it (odd job man), and Benson's Hedges (Gold van, Gardener).

The best one imo, is the local Gardener called Ian (I think) Watts, who's company is "Watts in your Garden".
  14. TheIronDuke

Don't start me on fucking hairdressers. 'Curl Up And Dye'. 'The Mane Attraction'. 'From Hair to Eternity'. Every time I see one I want to put their bins through their window.

Wonder how many of us wish we had the balls to do this at some time or other?

Fiat duff.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  15. TheIronDuke

There is a small cafe in Cardiff called The Warm As T​oast cafe. The capital letters were very big. It was popular with students.