Would you still turn up

sandy_boots said:
My civvy daily rate of pay exceeds my TA bounty. I still turn up and it costs me every time I do. It's a volunteer ethos thing combined with abject stupidity.
Gis a job - £1500 + a day - not to be sniffed at!!

You mean they give us Bounties!!!!????? Since when?????

I remember Shah's Bars and now we get "not for civvies" Yorkie Bars.

Bounties!!!! Now yer talking

Milk chocolate for me thanks :D

i didn't join the TA knowing about the bounty. however once i started getting the bounty and gradually moved up the increments then to be completely honest :oops: i would have probably jacked if the TA stopped paying the bounty now come on i think some of you who are posting on here are telling fibs if you are 100% truthful :wink:
:eye: preparing for incoming

When i turned up to join (years ago) no one told me about the pay till they wanted my bank details.

its all been a bonus since then

Bounty helps but its not the be all and end all, I treat it as a thanks and payback for all the feck abouts we get.

When its pissing down at daft oclock in febuary "its definatly stay in till
get my bounty and then quit" Funny how by the bounty comes in its maybe one more year cos camp sounds fun :oops: .

sandy_boots said:
My civvy daily rate of pay exceeds my TA bounty. I still turn up and it costs me every time I do. It's a volunteer ethos thing combined with abject stupidity.

I joined the TA in 1980, Support Company, 10 Para , never ever did I do it for the bounty, money never came in to it , depends on your own unit I guess.

every year i say day after bounty im off. then mmmm camp sounds good. its the people that keep me in my unit we all get on and enjoy it.

Yes, I would still turn up if I didn't get a bounty but:

Would I sit through "Moral understanding" and be prepared to be lectured about standards and values?- would Ifuck.

Would I be the slightest bit interested in BCDT?- fuckingsure I wouldn't.

Would I attend CCRF weekends?- wouldIfuck

In summary, as a truly casual labour employee I'd turn up for whatever flicked my switch and if it was a MATT that I didn't like, I wouldn't come in. This means the chain of command loses the little control it has over what the TA soldier will come in for.

Of course some blokes would jack if the bounty was stopped but I reckon some blokes would carry on going if the pay was stopped, then of course there are all shades of opinion in between.As a former PSI (32 Sigs LAD) I came across all levels of commitment.

jase2472 said:
Would you still turn up
The bounty is a mere bonus, for it to be purely a financial reason for me to stay in then they would have to increase it.

I didnt know about the bounty when i joined either but on the flip side, over the past few years I have seen more and more recruiting staff using it as a recruitment tool - and the neds/chavs asking 'Is that it?'.

I think that the bounty is that truck just over the horizon that keeps the waverers going.

Most long term TA types probably spend more than they receive in pay on kit for their own comfort.

Despite current penny pinching commitments we do(did) it for love of country and to make a difference,remember that the more people who can use a weapon effectively the more chance of shooting a politician, maybe thats why they want to cut the TA back?

It's more comensation than a wage, it pays for extra kit and travel (if you travel further than the allowance) and food whilst traveling (or on courses) and on booze on TA social events.

I'm in the same situation as sandy boots, I lose money by attending.

craftsmanx said:
Of course some blokes would jack if the bounty was stopped but I reckon some blokes would carry on going if the pay was stopped, then of course there are all shades of opinion in between.As a former PSI (32 Sigs LAD) I came across all levels of commitment.
I think a lot would leave, so the initial posters mate is right in a way, but not in the way he thinks he is.

I think a lot would leave because it would be a bit of an insult.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I joined having been a cadet, I was surprised to get paid. I was even more surprised to get a bounty. When I went to Hong Kong I trained for 2 years attached to the Royal Hong Kong Regiment (The Volunteers) without a bounty, and indeed most of the training was unpaid. Once in The Volunteers I trained for a bounty of HK$1,000 p/a and much lower daily rate of pay. Now I'm in the ACF as well as the TA and a lot of the ACF stuff is unpaid and there is no bounty so I would stay on without the bounty.

That said like Chibber said I would not put myself out to attend some of the MATT's as I have just done - unpaid!

I am having to use my annual leave to do my trade courses so yeah we should get the bounty! If we didn't get it it would not be a major loss knew nothing about pay etc when I joined but its nice to be paid for what we do!
The regs get paid to turn up so do we....... deal with it!

I am only in it for the bounty is what I tell myself .Cos what muppet would enjoy running around longmoor while the psi lives out his fantasy of killing off the entire battalion again .They would have to be a loony :oops: :D

Latest Threads