Would you let your 15yr old daughter do this.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by 1stgulfmac, Apr 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. She's 15 years old, daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus, plays Hannah Montana to teens on the telly and has published this...

[​IMG]

Now I didnt put it in the naafi for a reason, and I am not sure wether I would let my daughter be in this sort of photo shoot.

2. Only before locking her in the cellar til she's 42 without the Mrs knowing...

3. http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gYLnT2kyPIgNUurQ71aNM3EJKpRAD90AUACO0

She's not best impressed herself:

Miley Cyrus says Vanity Fair photo spread embarrasses her
    20 hours ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Miley Cyrus is taking issue with a photo of herself that's going around, and it's not another amateur, truth-or-dare Internet snapshot — it's the handiwork of Annie Leibovitz.

"I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed," Cyrus said Sunday in a statement through her publicist. "I never intended for any of this to happen and I apologize to my fans who I care so deeply about."

The photos, appearing in the upcoming issue of Vanity Fair, were taken by Leibovitz, a renowned celebrity photographer whose edgy, silver-toned portraits have included subjects such as Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johansson and a naked, pregnant Demi Moore.

The Cyrus pictures accompany an interview with the 15-year-old pop star and her father, singer Billy Ray Cyrus. They include shots of the teen wrapped in what appears to be a satin bedsheet, looking over her shoulder with her back exposed.

The Disney Channel, which airs Cyrus' TV show "Hannah Montana," was also critical of Vanity Fair.

"Unfortunately, as the article suggests, a situation was created to deliberately manipulate a 15-year-old in order to sell magazines," a network statement said.

A phone message left for a Vanity Fair representative was not immediately returned Sunday night. But in a statement to the TV show "Entertainment Tonight," Vanity Fair defended its position.

"Miley's parents and/or minders were on the set all day," the magazine said. "Since the photo was taken digitally, they saw it on the shoot and everyone thought it was a beautiful and natural portrait of Miley."

In a caption released by Vanity Fair with the photo last week, Cyrus expressed her comfort with how the apparently topless picture turned out.

"I think it's really artsy," she told the magazine at the time. "It wasn't in a skanky way. Annie took, like, a beautiful shot, and I thought that was really cool. That's what she wanted me to do, and you can't say no to Annie."

A handful of borderline racy snapshots of a girl who appeared to be Cyrus have appeared on the Internet in recent months, including images of a girl posing in her underwear and bikini last week.

Cyrus is one of the biggest — and most G-rated — acts in the country and is often considered a role model for young girls. Her "Best of Both Worlds" tour sold out arenas, and her successful 3-D concert film collected $31.3 million in its opening weekend in February.

4. if this pic was on another type of magazine, say a 'top shelf' one, it would be classed as child abuse and the mag and photographer would be sued. BUT because its in a 'reputable' one (not so much now!), its classed as art and tasteful. not in my opinion. i say its abuse. no way would my daughter be allowed to pose like this!

5. It rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again.

6. She is a 15 year old child.
    It's inappropriate and not something I would be happy about if it was my kid. She may be an actor, star or whatever but she is still a child.

7. No, but that makes the bold assumption that she would take any notice of what I had to say on the matter.

At the last School "social" event No 2 son attended, must say I was really staggered by the amount of jailbait flesh on display as they staggered out at the end of the evening. So would I let my daughter go out for the evening dressed up in an outfit that would disgrace a Moscow crack whore?

No, but once again that makes the bold assumption that she would take any notice of what I had to say on the matter.

8. All she is revealing is her back. Many swimsuits would show more.
    Her expression. Maybe a bit come on but its her face and we should not assume anything from the pose.
    Given the number of kids under 13 who have to have abortions, there are a lot worse things she could be doing.
    So, all in all - I have no crib about the photo.

9. Murielson appreciate her feelings as quoted but was that just the Disney talking they have a lot of control dont they.

10. No way I would ever let my daughter do a shoot like that at 15. Although I would have to concede that, as Blogg has said, she probably wouldn't pay any attention to what I said at that age anyway.

I have come as close as I would like to a risk to my daughter. 4 months ago she was walking home from school (she is 10) and some guy kept trying to ask her name and talk to her. Luckily she ignored him and kept walking and nothing happened and lucky for him I was working away at the time or I would of jumped in the car and run the twat over ... twice at least. This was made worse by long running concerns that 'rehabilitated peadophiles (personally dont think there is such a thing)' live in our village!!

11. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

"Post subject: Re: Would you let your 15yr old daughter do this."

More importantly : Would you let me do your 15 year old daughter ?

NAAfI bar you say ? Ohh right. I'll see you in there.

12. Pob02 mmmmmmmmmm!!!!

TaxT vulnerability lasts for a long time so yes exposing them at any age is wrong.

13. Having considered it, thanks to the mod who deleted my post. It left me open to all manner of dodgy accusations, (none of which would be accurate) and leaves this site open to similar flak.
    My stance stands that it's questionable sexualisation of a 15-year-old but I probably would allow my daughter to do this if she insisted, but with a great deal of trepidation (and requiring a preview of exactly what would be published).

14. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

simple answer - no!

15. Apparently it was supposed to be an artistic shot...

Why does it seem if you say something is ‘artistic’ things are suddenly ok.

If I had a daughter, I wouldn’t let her do this.