would you , if ordered, open fire on CIVPOP in the UK

Would you if ordered open fire on CIVPOP in the UK

• YES

Votes: 154 77.0%
  • NO

Votes: 46 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

In keeping with precedent, only if they were on one of these.

If you do, just make sure you've got your story straight for 46 years time.
And make sure your story isn't that you fired single, aimed shots at a sniper who kept popping out from behind a frosted glass window.

19 times.

And missed 19 times but that all of your shots went through the same single bullet hole in the window.

And, oh that's right the window glass wasn't frosted.

After 47 years that story is going to sound a bit iffy.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
pointless thread, put it into context ffs.

Most of us would have little problem offing some chavette/chav druggie who mugs oaps for drug money, but most would baulk at offing someone shopping at Sainsburys on a thursday afternoon for no reason.
If they shop in Sainsbury's, it's a mercy killing.

In a case scenario like 28 Days Later if the contamination had infected Civpop beyond general control we would have to contain the situation, perhaps even against each other... as detailed below in this film clip from the film where some squaddies zap an infected daddy with SA80 dressed up in S-10 and Woodland DPM NBC... surprised the rifle doesn't jam or break because they are obviously A1 from the cocking handle!

Can you be ordered to open fire in civpop in UK (England and Wales only, as I believe the law in Scotland is different, allowing a senior police officer to issue such an order)? Isn't it a matter for individuals and the ROE?

Can you be ordered to open fire in civpop in UK (England and Wales only, as I believe the law in Scotland is different, allowing a senior police officer to issue such an order)? Isn't it a matter for individuals and the ROE?
Many whining treacherous scots should be shot anyway.

I know its a old thread but to answer the OP, no. "I shot the law abiding taxpayer cos Cpl Smudge told me to" is not a defence in court.

I was accused of it during the miners strike, ******* Cornish labour party both of them
You should have said:

“yes, and I enjoyed it, but I’d rather cut their throats so that I can see the fear in their eyes and smell the blood”.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Does CIVPOP include the cretins currently infecting the Palace of Westminster - both Houses?

There is already a stated case that a senior cannot order the arrest of someone, each arrest is for the individual officer to justify.

Unless there as been a mahoosive change in law I am unaware of; the use of force is for individual officers to justify.

The justification can be based on information received; but the action is an individual responsiblity.

I used to write briefings and on one occassion said to the firearms boys I will stand by every word of that in court if you refer to it in post-incident statements. So though I had not given them an order to do something, should they have taken action based on it - they'd have had to justify the action, I would have had to justify the intelligence briefing.

What is that stuck in the barrel?
How did I know you'd pick up on that, no idea mate, found the first stock photo of an SLR with wooden furniture specifically cos, well your like really really old and had them issued that way from scratch and it appears I picked one with a thing on it :(

better?

GoRii.jpg

Latest Threads