Would you help if you could ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cutaway, Aug 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

2. Tricky. If I lived in the States, I'd like to think I'd have the stones to, yes. Living here where there is no expectation that a law abiding member of the public will be armed... I don't know. seems a very real danger of being taken for the opposition by plod.

It was the sort of thing I'd actually have pondered back when I was young and (more) foolish.
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Armed or not it is an offence to not render assistance to a police constable when requested to do so but the police aren't required in law to protect you!
    Nice eh?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
  4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I'm sorry is there no longer a legal obligation to assist a police officer in trouble in the UK?
  5. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Well the CPS certainly think one is obliged:

6. There is. I once had to jail a pensioner who wouldn't help carry the brews from Starbucks over to the carrier. Lazy fooker, I even had a tray for him.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE
    • Like Like x 1
  7. "If called on to do so".

Yes, well... Should I ever be sitting around polishing a piece like, and a copper shouted "Hey citizen, you the chubby middle aged chap with the gat, do me a favour and plug that villain will you?" Then I'm sure I'd assist.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

He'd better not try yelling that in ZA.
    Except certain parts of CTN...
  9. Could possibly put rounds in the general direction of the bad guy but get a hit at that range with pistol no way.
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Come on, you or your brother couldnt point at that distance!
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Well not and still be in the right county!
  12. Thats a damn lie i once got a first time hit at 1200metres*

admittidly with a Milan :)
    But that would certainly stop any bad guy
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Minute of barn door with a rifle though!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
  14. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

As I understand it being fearful of being hurt or injured would constitute a lawful excuse.
  15. I think I'd get off!!