would you do basic training again

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by WRAPJOBAGAIN, Jul 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was talking to a few mates today and we got onto the subject of going through basic training.
    Now who on here would go through all that again.

i would.

2. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Me too.Better than CivPop anyday!

3. I certainly wouldn't?Juniors wasn't all just fun even though that's all some arrsers seem to remember,anyway i'm over 40 and a little too fond of pies :oops: so i think a BFT is nowadays out of the question!! I'd love a cabby on a Minimi though!! :D

4. love to go through basic again.
    having served in the RAF&army,i have to say the RAF basic training was the hardest. :twisted: :twisted:

5. me but def not my cadre!!

6. That will explain why so many fail it abysmally.....and still get posted on

7. If I could have an extra hour in bed and the amount of phys adjusted to take into account the 20 years since?

Fuck right off.

8. Basic? Yes i certainly would. It was still the WRAC when I joined and Guildford was a piece of cake. I wouldn't want to do do trade training/phase two again though. I hated assault courses then and doubt I want to be friends with one now. :wink:

9. I would love to give it a go. I'm a fat cnut now and would probably go through rather than over the 6ft wall.

10. Obviously some people didn't have it hard enough the first time round ;)

11. if i could earn the money i am now,i,d rejoin tomorrow!!!but don,t tell my knees,(or the wife!) :D

12. Only if what I heard about Shirts KF (scouring, for the use of) been banned under the Geneva Convention is true!

13. I would. Although it seemed difficult at the time I've done harder courses since.

14. Ah, Guildford.. just but a short trip from Arborfield in the 70's.. and Burghfield - HMS Dauntless... WRENS were dirty little minxes... so, yes basic again (as in brat school)? without a doubt

15. come on there has got to be more that this.