would you do basic training again

I was talking to a few mates today and we got onto the subject of going through basic training.
Now who on here would go through all that again.

i would.

I certainly wouldn't?Juniors wasn't all just fun even though that's all some arrsers seem to remember,anyway i'm over 40 and a little too fond of pies :oops: so i think a BFT is nowadays out of the question!! I'd love a cabby on a Minimi though!! :D

love to go through basic again.
having served in the RAF&army,i have to say the RAF basic training was the hardest. :twisted: :twisted:

If I could have an extra hour in bed and the amount of phys adjusted to take into account the 20 years since?

Fuck right off.

if i could earn the money i am now,i,d rejoin tomorrow!!!but don,t tell my knees,(or the wife!) :D

Only if what I heard about Shirts KF (scouring, for the use of) been banned under the Geneva Convention is true!

halomonkey said:
Basic? Yes i certainly would. It was still the WRAC when I joined and Guildford was a piece of cake. I wouldn't want to do do trade training/phase two again though. I hated assault courses then and doubt I want to be friends with one now. :wink:
Ah, Guildford.. just but a short trip from Arborfield in the 70's.. and Burghfield - HMS Dauntless... WRENS were dirty little minxes... so, yes basic again (as in brat school)? without a doubt

yes without doubt. Junior Leaders early eighties. but only if I can check if the BFT route at Colerne was 1 and 1/2 miles.!!!!!!!!! Oh my God it never ended.

poppi said:
love to go through basic again.
having served in the RAF&army,i have to say the RAF basic training was the hardest. :twisted: :twisted:
Heretic! :D

To contribute, I wouldn't want to do basic again. It depends whether you mean "Would you want to do the CMS(R) again?" or "Would you like to undergo the transformation from snivelling civvy to steely-eyed dealer of death again?" Doing everything again with what I know now - fine. Blanking my memory and starting from scratch, that would be emotional. But I'd do it all again in a heartbeat, if the alternative was civvy street.

bumroll said:
yes without doubt. Junior Leaders early eighties. but only if I can check if the BFT route at Colerne was 1 and 1/2 miles.!!!!!!!!! Oh my God it never ended.
Fat knacker it's the best BFT route ever! it's all down hill!
Yup I would great laugh JLR RCT/RAOC 91-92

I'm scarred both physically and emotionally as a rsult of the first time, but yeah I'd do it again - I'd just need my old body back!