Would you be happy if your teenage daughter was marrying a squady?

Gentlemen

My teenage daughter brought home her first boyfriend this week.

I was polite but somewhat reserved with him but the bloody ex wife was very impressed by him. Her rationale was "at least he ain't in the Army"

I am now wondering what your reaction would be if your daughter brought home a soldier.

I'd be extremely unhappy if my teenage daughter brought home a bill oddie. She's not supposed to know where I live.

I don't have a teenage daughter. But I'd be very disappointed if she were to marry anyone while she was still under twenty!

Schaden

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
Would that be a Para squaddie or the other kind?

I was at a wedding recently, the groom a squaddie, the bride civpop, and when I tried to trap off with the sister of the bride, the bride quite bluntly pointed out that she did not want her sister to date a soldier...

So I told her I didn't want a date, just a shag. And she still believes her husband is not like all the "other squaddies"!?

Actually, wouldnt bother me!! if youve seen what my 16 yr old has dragged home over the past months, i would be glad to have a squaddie!! not some drug addled attitude layabout whose sole ambition is to sponge off the state for the next 50 years before OD'ing on bleach and toilet cleaner after costing the taxpaying millions in support of his titanic brood!! frickin social sponging laya - bloody-bouts!!

And she still believes her husband is not like all the "other squaddies"!?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

She's got a lot to learn!

:)

Anyway, my wife's dad was in 7th Armd Div in WW2 and fought through Africa, Normandy and on into Germany. After the problems he'd had with my wife's sisters civvy boyfriends he was dead chuffed to have a squaddie calling round to take middle daughter out. We had a good time on the piss together the night before the wedding as well. RIP Matt - we both miss you and yes, I'm still looking after your favourite girl!

Rodney2q

Would you be happy if your teenage daughter was marrying a Squaddie?

No.

Any more stupid questions?

Gentlemen

My teenage daughter brought home her first boyfriend this week.

I was polite but somewhat reserved with him but the bloody ex wife was very impressed by him. Her rationale was "at least he ain't in the Army"

I am now wondering what your reaction would be if your daughter brought home a soldier.
Did he frequently scratch under his nose with his middle finger, savouring the long-sought after aroma of post-pubescent quim juice and look at you as he did it?

Just asking like!

Have got 3 brother-in-laws all ex squaddies plus my father and brother are ex squaddies. 4 are ex REME and one is ex RE christmas time is a fecking hoot. Being ex-RN I am able to cope with the smell and the crap they spout. The weddings were fun, the old man was an RSM for 2 of them and a Captain for the last one so everybody was on their best behaviour till he went home, then it was like somebody had pulled the pin out of a grenade.

bring prince harry home did she?
NOT ON YOUR LIFE!! IF SHE BROUGHT A GUAR INTO THE HOME, I WOULD HAVE SHOT BOTH OF THEM!!! and his family, family friends and even their pet tortoise, just to make sure the shame of a Guar stepping over my doorway was expunged!!!! Forever. Hmmmm may have to do the whole village as well just to make sure!! she can date who she wants as long as it's not a ginger!!

You have to look at the pro's and con's. At least if she brings a squaddie home you wont have to feel awkward when you ask him to bluetooth any good videos he has of her on his phone...

Told my daughter never to marry a squaddie, I,d been one her brother was one, and she said fine Dad, what did she marry......................a fuckin bootie, was not sure if she'd gone upmarket or just fuckin insane.

samm1551

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Had to laugh at this. My old man told me never to marry a squad. First husband was civ div and a total wanker, current husband is a squad and my Dad loves him more than me!

We have a daughter. My husband said if she goes anywhere near a squad he will go all bad boys 2 on his arse.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E The Intelligence Cell 23
GunnersQuadrant The Intelligence Cell 3
E The Intelligence Cell 8