Would You Bar a Car off This Man?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Dennis48, Jun 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After much bowing, scraping, sucking up and tears all on my part my wife has agreed to let me purchase a new car. (New to me that is). After much research on the web and visiting car dealerships I have narrowed it down to three. I am particularly keen on one but here is my dilemma . I class Car Salesman on a par with Estate Agents, not to be trusted.
    My question is that the Salesman is an ex- Snowdrop. Would You trust him?
  2. attachment.jpg

I want this to happen to you.
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Please kill yourself right now.
  4. What car are you after? seeing as you needed your wife to ok it!!
  5. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

Your turn for this...

• Like Like x 1
  6. My Sidney never had a car, it was black.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

never ever ever trust a car salesman , my bil used to be one an he even tucked up his fAMILY
  8. I wouldn't even buy one.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Never bar a car before,is this a new thing?
  10. youre_barred.jpg
    • Like Like x 5

11. Why do you need to ask your wife if it is ok to buy a car?

The conversation should have gone like this.

I want this car,I am buying this car,look at the car I've bought.Don't care if you like it or not,it is my,repeat after me,my car and you won't be driving it,so it has no bearing on what you think.I'm off for a drive in my car,get the dinner on wife,I will be back when my car gets me here.
  12. The lad I bought my last three cars from is Ex RA (Works for Arnold Clark) nice chap in fact he does a nice line in deals/trade in if your Forces or even Reserves.... Loads of the sales lads are Ex Army, couple of other chaps there are ex A&SH and another was a bootie.

Anyway...OOps forget this is the Naafi, Man the fuck up, if your wife dont like the fucking car change wife as well, Job jobbed =)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. salesmen work for their benefit, not yours! you will revert to being anonymous once they have sold it to you and they will have absolutely no further interest in the car.
  14. Seems to me that you should send your wife to buy the fucking car. If you need her permission to to buy it you certainly don't have the cojones to deal with the nasty salesman yourself you big girls blouse.

Does it look like this perhaps?

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1