Would this work in Britain? Shared public housing.

If that was to be forced on people over here there would be protest and riot! There would be calls to send back home all immigrants! Empty places all over the country would get squatters! And can you just imagine, pikeys having to take in homeless people?

If I was going to HAVE to take somebody in, then I should be able to choose her for myself.

And I just see the queen or Cams for that matter taking in the homeless in Buck House or No10, both being homes owned and maintained by the tax payer?
Or will it simply be bash the poor?

alternatively all the under occupiers of council houses should be encouraged to move to more suitable properties for their current household size by being charged market rents ...

G

goatrutar

This was on the radio this morning. I can only imagine shitty housing commission houses with 2 or 3 bogan families living in them. There wouldn't be enough space on each block for all the old car bodies.

Instead of awarding ASBOs the state could simply issue anti social families a filthy stinking lodger or two, thus reducing the cost of bail hostels, MENCAP mongparking facilities and council kiddy fiddler housing.

Further to my last I have slept on this and the following tax funded properties also would fit nicely for the purposes of housing the homeless.
Chief of the Defence Staff, Head of the three armed forces, Cheavdon, Chequers, All of the Queens grace and favour homes. Most of the royal family who also live in tax funded homes, could accommodate a few, although Charlee would I'm sure perform with alacrity. The list goes on, and that dosn't included those privately owned 2,3,4 homes either, we could also take a leaf out of Germany's book from the 1970's which nationalised most of the second homes on their North Sea Coast due to the over abundance which left no affordable housing for local people (and if the Germans can do it so could we if we really gave a **** about the homeless).

This was on the radio this morning. I can only imagine shitty housing commission houses with 2 or 3 bogan families living in them. There wouldn't be enough space on each block for all the old car bodies.
plenty of new housing commision homes in the brisbane burbs, we used to live on a smallestate in Sherwood, 12 new built HC houses backed on to the estate, one aboriginal family ruined 3 of them within 18 months, used floorboards and internal doors for firewood, move all the bogans to bribie and sink it!!

If you get me a couple of gorgeous fit six foot blonde 40DD Scandanavian lasses, I'm all for it. Cameron, Blair, Brown can have a few families of Somali dustheads and Kurds. Yes, we're all in it together.