Would this comment get you ROP's on ARRSE

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by old_n_fat, May 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 4
  1. Regardless, I'd think the poster was more of a cnut than a smarty pants. HTH.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

The comments threads at the Telegraph website are the reason I think that Arrse is (largely) a haven of sanity.

If you read some of their strings on EU, for instance, the ranters make lsquared look balanced and informative.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. I have a particular fondness for any set of comments attached to articles vaguely related to the EU. You can almost hear the Cerebral Infarction's through your laptop speakers. It must be the only explanation for the bizarre spellings, Libtards, Libore, etc and insane rambling.

It fair makes me chuckle at the thought of them slowly losing control of their limbs while succumbing to the inevitable stroke.
  4. So John Mcevoy is Zero_Overs real name then?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The Mail is a particular favourite of mine in this regard, there are people posting there who, if even vaguely in earnest, should be dressed in clothing that fastens up the back and locked in a room with cuddly furniture.

However, since I actually tried posting to it, I've discovered that there's a lot of sane, sensible, measured postings which never make it to the site. They approve spittle flecked mad-dog's shite without question though.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Isn't that ARRSE?
  7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I've noticed a lot of my posts never make the mail when they work on all the others, cept the guardian since it changed format and became a arse to do anything with.
  8. The Mail is "selective" has to be with their mods liking. Likewise the Telegraph.
    The Guardian surprisingly lets all mine on board and has a much fairer system of debate.
  9. Well, it's very poor Staff Duties.
  10. I'd forgotten that it was called The Telegraph, I'd grown so used to "funny" people on here calling it the "Torygraph" (presumably while chuckling to themselves).
  11. I rarely if ever read the comments on any of these newspaper websites, unless someone on here points out a particularly amusing one. I am of the opinion that they are mostly written by self-important dullards, and so far this thread supports that view.
  12. I'm sure BryanTheMegalodon will be along in a minute.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Potkettleblack from our dullard postbot. Well done.
    • Like Like x 1