Would the world be a better place

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by kilo42, Sep 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If the British Empire was still intact.

2. Certainly in some areas of the world. I work in a former colony and the place has descended into chaos since we left. Many locals blame the brits for abandoning them before they were truly ready for independence.

I'm sure there are other areas in the world where countries have gone on to do well after independence.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

3. Yes it would.

4. Without a doubt.

5. Unless you were an Apprentice/Junior Operations Employee of the East India Company of course.

6. It would.There is unfinished business in New Zealand.
    You lot forgot to kill of all the Maori's here.

7. It would probably be a better place for the British people. Which is, of course, the only thing that matters. So yes.:)

8. And of course it has nothing to do with the people in the (former) colony but has to be Britain's fault not theirs.

9. Undoubtedly old boy....

10. Yes.

Although some places have done just fine on their own, like Singapore.

But then you look at Zimbabwe....

11. No question about it. What say we ask the Governor Generals to dissolve parliaments and reclaim territories? The Glorious Second British Empire! Tally ho!

12. The problem is that the Pax Britannica was backed up by a million bayonets.

We wouldn't be able to do that any more.

H&S wouldn't allow such nasty pointy things.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Would Scotland fancy a second run at it though?

14. *ahem* Who actually put Mugabe in power?

15. Let me see a full risk assessment and a method statement for their use and we'll get back to you.