Would the army cover my rent payments while Im mobilised?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Pebbeles, May 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm currently about to be mobilised and i was wondering if the army cover my rent payments while im mobilised, cause i will only be earning a basic squaddies wage while mobilised.

2. I was under the impression that your wage was made up to your current Civvie wage. I could well be wrong.
  3. would your rent payments not have to be covered by yourself. have a look at sabre website..it has loads of info there for yourself and your employer
  4. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

You would pay the rent the same way you normally do ie out of your wages. If your wages are less than you get in real life, the army will bump up your wages to match.

Out of interest, where you going, and who with? PM if you dont want to say in open forum?
  5. Of course the army will pay your rent - after all everyone is part of the one army concept now. As a regular soldier on ops, I routinely have my mortgage paid by the army.
    Imagine my surprise after Herrick 4 when I returned home to find a brand new 4x4 in the drive again paid for by the army.
    Seven months after returning from Afghanistan I am still receiving vouchers enabling me to dine for free in Michelin starred restaurants and complimentary holidays in the Caribbean - again all free and paid for by the army.
    Life in the military is great.
  6. Talk to your PSAO.

I am a bit suspicious of such a bone question though, I thought everyone knew the answer to this.
  7. I dont - I have been in for 17 on paper and 10 in real (took a break.... you know) and TA or FTRS stuff is all newish to me so I wouldnt mind knowing as well!!!!!
  8. from what I have always been told, the army will top up your pay up to a certain level to that of your civvy wage, that may stop you from mobilising if you are earning too much, unless you have a specific skill that is required.

Talk to your PSAO or the mobilisation hotline rather than relying on people on here to tell you old stuff or heresay.
  9. top post mate, well said, im still giggling away to myself typing this :clap: :clap:
  10. Same here!!
  11. No they won't.

No really, they really won't.

Why should they?
  12. Obviously its for how hard you work on tour, all I got was a Nissan Micra and a weekend in Cleethorpes but eh ho its the tax payers who paid for it so you cant complain. :relax:
  13. How work-shy are you? I received the micra / Cleethorpes package for the UNFICYP tour!