Would the army cover my rent payments while Im mobilised?

I'm currently about to be mobilised and i was wondering if the army cover my rent payments while im mobilised, cause i will only be earning a basic squaddies wage while mobilised.

cheers

would your rent payments not have to be covered by yourself. have a look at sabre website..it has loads of info there for yourself and your employer

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
You would pay the rent the same way you normally do ie out of your wages. If your wages are less than you get in real life, the army will bump up your wages to match.

Out of interest, where you going, and who with? PM if you dont want to say in open forum?

Of course the army will pay your rent - after all everyone is part of the one army concept now. As a regular soldier on ops, I routinely have my mortgage paid by the army.
Imagine my surprise after Herrick 4 when I returned home to find a brand new 4x4 in the drive again paid for by the army.
Seven months after returning from Afghanistan I am still receiving vouchers enabling me to dine for free in Michelin starred restaurants and complimentary holidays in the Caribbean - again all free and paid for by the army.
Life in the military is great.

I dont - I have been in for 17 on paper and 10 in real (took a break.... you know) and TA or FTRS stuff is all newish to me so I wouldnt mind knowing as well!!!!!

from what I have always been told, the army will top up your pay up to a certain level to that of your civvy wage, that may stop you from mobilising if you are earning too much, unless you have a specific skill that is required.

Talk to your PSAO or the mobilisation hotline rather than relying on people on here to tell you old stuff or heresay.

Badger_Heed said:
Of course the army will pay your rent - after all everyone is part of the one army concept now. As a regular soldier on ops, I routinely have my mortgage paid by the army.
Imagine my surprise after Herrick 4 when I returned home to find a brand new 4x4 in the drive again paid for by the army.
Seven months after returning from Afghanistan I am still receiving vouchers enabling me to dine for free in Michelin starred restaurants and complimentary holidays in the Caribbean - again all free and paid for by the army.
top post mate, well said, im still giggling away to myself typing this :clap: :clap:

spitlock said:
Badger_Heed said:
top post mate, well said, im still giggling away to myself typing this :clap: :clap:
Same here!!

No they won't.

No really, they really won't.

Why should they?

Badger_Heed said:
Obviously its for how hard you work on tour, all I got was a Nissan Micra and a weekend in Cleethorpes but eh ho its the tax payers who paid for it so you cant complain. :relax:

The_IRON said:
Obviously its for how hard you work on tour, all I got was a Nissan Micra and a weekend in Cleethorpes but eh ho its the tax payers who paid for it so you cant complain. :relax:
How work-shy are you? I received the micra / Cleethorpes package for the UNFICYP tour!

spitlock said:
Badger_Heed said:
Absolutely correct the Army gives you everything. I went away on a 4 month tour, imagine my suprise when I came home and found the wife was 3 months pregnant. They sure look after you these days.

Actually the Army MAY under CERTAIN circumstances cover accommodation costs for mobilised TA personnel 'in the interests of the service.'

This is if they are short of accommodation for Regular troops, and want somewhere to put up a few Phase 1 recruits between courses. So you will need to put your kit in the loft, and buy some bunk beds, lockers and those mirrors for checking yourself before going on parade. If you have got a drive, it may get used for parking tanks/helicopters on, so warn the neighbours.

Could you get a small training area in the garden?

57Chevy said:
spitlock said:
Badger_Heed said:
Absolutely correct the Army gives you everything. I went away on a 4 month tour, imagine my suprise when I came home and found the wife was 3 months pregnant. They sure look after you these days.
Thats one thing thats impressed me the way the Families Officer likes to get stuck in :twisted:

57Chevy said:
spitlock said:
Badger_Heed said:
How right you are. On returning from Telic I found to my utmost delight that my wife was pregnant with twins (perfect as we had 2 spare bedrooms).

Imagine my unconcealed delight when, at the birth, I discovered that the twins were Fijian.
This was an added bonus as we'd just purchased a brown leather settee. The twins mocha-chocolate skin complimented our sitting room perfectly.

Never had the Cleethorpes package however the Army looked after the wife so well that when I came back she made me go to the doctors so they could check on my well being. I had to go and see Sy & Phylis Doctors. Funny when you think about it having a name like that!