Would I be able to join the TA even if I was medically discharged from the regulars?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Mr-B, Oct 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi peeps, this is my first posting on this forum so here goes.

Anyway a little about myself..I am a civil servant working for the RAF doing civvie things...15 years ago I left the Army Air Corps to do my current job but I have always toyed with the idea of joining the TA.

Ive never tried to join as I was medically discharged...Im a fairly fit 37 year old chap and I am wondering if I am too old to join or do the rules state the MDs are not allowed to join?

any info would be appreciated. Thank you : )
  2. What were you MD'd for?
  3. DEAR CHAP . if your PES is MND When you left reg service, sadly the answer maybe no.
  4. It was a problem with my lower lumber support (back) I over did it in the gym and a painful knee..the dont create any major problems. Im a keen gym member and can keep up with the best of them..
  5. I haven't a clue as to whether you can join or not, I was just being nosey!
  6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Some pics would help?
  7. What QR paragraph were you discharged under as that will give a good indication?
  8. To be honest, just ring the local TA unit up tomorrow and ask them, it's by far the simplest answer!