Would be Islamist David Hicks is free.

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Ozduke, Dec 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not sure how well this bloke is known back home - despite his "British citizenship". Check this; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hicks if required.

Anyway, he was released on Thursday - neatly after the election. Now he may be a terrorist walt or he may be a genuine threat but he is subject to a "gagging" order until next March but will undoubtedly make a mint out of his sad misfortune.

I wonder what he will do next, whether society will, or indeed should let him get on with life. Thoughts?

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Maybe someone will chop his head off on camera so he can get some hot virgin action . . . one lives in hope.
  3. Just kill the cnut!
  4. Seconded! :twisted:

Next September 11, "introduce" David to the relatives who have come to pay their respects near Ground Zero. Stand back and watch the fun!
  5. Has this story made it to the UK? The blinking wally tried to claim a birth on the British citizen ship because Bliar seemed to be a push over compared to Uncle John.

Edited to add an acceptably unacceptable word. Mods/CO's please , there are times when only modern English will do.
  6. Don't worry, this fcukwit crow eater will have one hell of a hard time on the outside. Most of us here would have let him rot in goal. I suspect he met a lot of new friend in Yalta, of course he didn't see their faces ! (I wish) He was probably in isolation with the shirt lifters & nonces. Whatever happens, he in for a rough ride. Good.
  7. I wonder, will he be sponging off the tax payer until he gets back off his feet or will his old mates jack him up a job somewhere?
  8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Don't tell me he was to ugly or to stupid to get in the Aus army and joined AQ instead.
  9. He'd had too much combat experience to get in the ADF.
  10. I don't understand the reasoning for granting a confirmed terrorist British citizenship....but then again I'm not a Labour politician
  11. So if he was a belligerent in a war which has not finished ... shouldn't he still be detained? All perfectly legit under LOAC, Hague & Geneva, etc.

This is a separate issue from any consideration of crimes committed. The former Attorney General (Ruddock) stated several times that he couldn't be returned to Australia because there was nothing here with which to charge him.

There is probably a good case for a specific additional protocol under Geneva, for those like Hicks. Given the entrenched nature of the warfare of which we're seeing more and more, this problem will raise its head again and again.

Frankly, Hicks seems like a bit of a dill, thick and easily lead astray. Sombeody should have taken him behind the sheds and given him a good kicking years ago.....