Would appreciate two seconds of your time for a research project

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Durham13, Apr 6, 2013.

?
  1. 13-18

8 vote(s)
    7.6%
  2. 19-21

8 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. 22-25

9 vote(s)
    8.6%
  4. 26-31

13 vote(s)
    12.4%
  5. 32-37

8 vote(s)
    7.6%
  6. 38-43

18 vote(s)
    17.1%
  7. 44-49

19 vote(s)
    18.1%
  8. 50-55

24 vote(s)
    22.9%
  9. 56-60

13 vote(s)
    12.4%
  10. 61-64

8 vote(s)
    7.6%
  11. 65+

16 vote(s)
    15.2%
  12. Male

68 vote(s)
    64.8%
  13. Female

11 vote(s)
    10.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm going to be doing a Masters in history this October. My thesis is about the Armed Forces from 1945-present day. As part of my thesis I will mention ARRSE.co.uk

I was therefore hoping you could take 2 seconds to fill out this very brief poll, just so I have some idea of the ages and gender of the people using this website.

Thanks very much for your time :)

2. What relevance can that info alone have on anything?! You'd need to at the very least have a time served option alongside the age to provide anything remotely meaningful. Otherwise you may as well post the same on a tesco forum (if such exists)

• Like Like x 1
  3. I just want to know the demographics of users on this website in particular :)

4. Completely agree.

5. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

What makes you think anyone would tell the truth?

• Like Like x 3
  6. I'm sure that given their skillset, either of the COs would be able to give you an accurate snapshot of Arrse's demographic. Far more accurate than expecting bored surfers to tell you the truth...

7. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

8. How? I didn't put my DoB, inside leg measurements or favourite type of fish down when I joined the site.

9. OK..A random guess that I reckon is a fair assumption:

Out of all registered users maybe 5-10& are actually active (posting 10 times per week plus)
    60% of those 5-10% will have actually served in the forces at some point.
    30% of those 60% will have served for a significant amount of time (above say 5 years).
    5% will still be actively serving and are most likely to be in the 30-45 age group, where now holding a seniorish postion allows them the time to post whilst actually working (desk job).
    95% will be male, 4.9& are female and .1% got his gonads removed at his own request.

There are several publically high profile active members who (rightly) maintain anonymity.
    There are a few high profile members whose story has been told in the media.
    There are quite a lot of people who just have an interest in the forces but have never actually served.
    There are some who don't have any interest in the forces at all. These people are in the RAF or TA and they just come here for the banter and erudite wisdom that is always on display (totally free of charge!)

Hope that helps!

• Like Like x 8
  10. Just to clarify, I would hope that some people would tell the truth, as it should be (if I set it up correctly) an anonymous survey. However, the two links Bad CO has posted are proving very useful, thanks :)

@supermatelot - Thanks for the summary, that makes sense to me. Also made me chuckle a bit too!

11. Paranoid?

Perhaps you should be. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. I forgot to add - 0.1% of posters once flew Lynx and should (quite rightly) be ignored.

• Like Like x 2
  13. If I might correct you there, my learned friend. 0.1% of posters claim to have flown Lynx.

Speaking of which, anybody want to buy one?

Crap airframes for sale.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I was going to fill it in for you but I ran out of time sorry