Would a Para ever refer to the colour of his beret as Red?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by commzmeanzbombz, Oct 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Something someone said has made me a bit suspicious, so, just out of interest fellas:

Would a para/ex para ever refer to the colour of his beret as Red?

I was always under the impression that this is a massive no-no so please correct me if im wrong.

Im not trying to out anyone or embarrass them but this has got me intrigued!
  2. I think I did
    and I'm ex 2 Para :)
  3. Bugger I was going to say that :cry:
  4. Yes it was you Norm but I wasn't going to name and shame!

Im just amazed you said it, i got the shit kicked out of me by my Troop Sgt for calling one Red when i was nowt but a young un! So for a Para to say it surprised me some what!

Just trying to clear up my confusion, no offence meant!
  5. None taken :D
  6. Who gives a shit?
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

We'll take that as read then 8)
  8. If that is the biggest thing in your lives, you really do want to go and get some.....
  9. We are all allowed to ask questions fellas and by asking in the naafi shows its not too serious.

There's no such thing as stupid questions,

Just stupid people!
  10. Well the term Red Devils came from the Germans "Rote Teufeln" due to the red dust that covered everything, in that context acceptable I suppose as most of the Germans who witnessed the sight usually ended up in Valhalla shortly afterwards.
  11. Never referred to mine as red. Not heard anybody in battalion refer to their beret as red either unless referring to 'The Red Devils' WWII wise or our freefall display team. RMP's wear red berets. Paras and thousands of craphats wear maroon berets.
  12. Seconded
  13. Fantastic!! Now, in the rest of the world............
  14. What's up? Jealous? What honestly made you feel the need to post on this particular thread besides being a cock?