Wot no medals for 16Sigs

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by headgash, Nov 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So after a long and arduous tour on Op Herrick 16, the honourable soldiers of 16 Signal Regiment attached to 12 Mech Brigade won't be receiving their medals at the forthcoming ceremony as the medals have been sent to Germany. Cripes, the rear party only had 7 months to get it sorted!
    Looking on the bright side, they will be "presented" with Jubilee medals instead, which, of course will have to be returned as the majority didn't qualify due to length of service etc.
    As the great John Lydon (Johnny Rotten) once said, quote; "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"
  2. Sucks to be them.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I've been working with some of the 16sigs lads on occasion. Some of them are real good eggs. A couple of them are proper mongs.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Which would be about the same as every other unit in the Army - exempt THEM, of course
  5. Because it was really too difficult for a clerk to send them over in the 24hr mail, from the post office 50 feet from thier office? Shithouses
    • Like Like x 1
  6. How many people from 16 Sigs who deployed on H16 were on their first tour?
  7. Parent units often like to present the medals.

Often the medal office sends them direct to the parent unit anyway, that way whiny cnuts like you don't have to start threads along the lines of 'medal was sent to 12 mech, but i left before it arrived where is it?'

You've done a tour, well done. It's not about the bling.

Oh, and your 7 monthsand medals in a few weeks in Germany...

Try 11 months on Telic and Telic -1 and 2 and then a fcuking 3 year wait for a shitstate and tarnished medal to be put in your in box.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I'm not sure, but I think the majority
  9. So, its not "No medals" but "No medals at the mo"
  10. Thanks for that Choccy.
    I shall pass on your humble observations to the Mums, Dads, sisters, brothers,daughters et al.
  11. AAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! You forget, some of us have actually worked with them!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Yes I think that is the way it will go Bravo, they will get them eventually..........but as choccy says,"its not about the bling"
  13. They cant all be mongs, surely?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. HG - I do hope so.

They've been earned, they should be presented in a timely manner.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. It's not unreasonable to assume that 16 Sigs will want to present their blokes with their OSMs.

I also find it hard to believe that the majority of the 16 Sigs who did H16 were on their first tour of Herrick.