Worth applying?

RAM28

Crow
I failed the Royal Navy medical after passing first time around for having high BP.
I'm 19 can run 1.5 miles in 9:30 so I know it was just nerves.
Is it worth me applying for the army as I still really fancy a career in the military or will CAPITA just outright fail me as I get to the medical stage?
Thanks in advance

I failed the Royal Navy medical after passing first time around for having high BP.
Is it worth me applying for the army as I still really fancy a career in the military or will CAPITA just outright fail me as I get to the medical stage?
Thanks in advance

Apply, fill in the paperwork and if you pass the military medical standards as stipulated by the ARMY (Tri Service actually, but let’s not complicate it), you may be eligible to join.

PS: CAPITA don’t fail anyone in their own right, it is a partnership and if you fail it is because you haven’t met standards set by the Army ^~

I'm no expert but I can't imagine any good reason not to give it a go. If BP is your only problem then why are you even asking?

Thanks in advance
I have high BP, but then I'm old.

Are you taking meds for it?

Start drinking pomegrante juice and/or beetroot juice. They both contain the same chemical naturally that BP tablets contain. Drinking pomegranate juice for 6 months to a year will drop BP by 10 points.

Also, silly as it may sound, get yourself off to yoga classes and learn to concentrate/meditate as believe it or not you can control your BP.

When you turn up for a medical where you know they will take your BP:

1. Arrive early so that you are not stressed,
2. Wear loose clothing so that your body does not have a hard time pumping the blood around your body - tracksuit, or shorts is ideal and convenient for a medical too.
3. Breathe deeply to keep your system oxygenated - in through the nose, out through the mouth.
4. Close your eyes and think happy pleasant thoughts.
5. When you get called through rise slowly and calmy, and walk slowly and calmy.

Last time I had a skydive medical my BP was up around the moon and the doc, good as gold, told me to sit quietly, close my eyes, relax and take deep breaths. I passed.

Dizzee367

Old-Salt
Thanks in advance
When I applied and went for selection last year, I failed my medical because I had high BP. They deferred me and sent me to my GP, I had to wear a 24 hour BP monitor and take the results of that with me when I went back for selection again, I passed the second time. If the Army is what you want to do, go for it. What's the worst that can happen, they say no?

Ando6562

Swinger
I have high BP, but then I'm old.

Are you taking meds for it?

Start drinking pomegrante juice and/or beetroot juice. They both contain the same chemical naturally that BP tablets contain. Drinking pomegranate juice for 6 months to a year will drop BP by 10 points.

Also, silly as it may sound, get yourself off to yoga classes and learn to concentrate/meditate as believe it or not you can control your BP.

When you turn up for a medical where you know they will take your BP:

1. Arrive early so that you are not stressed,
2. Wear loose clothing so that your body does not have a hard time pumping the blood around your body - tracksuit, or shorts is ideal and convenient for a medical too.
3. Breathe deeply to keep your system oxygenated - in through the nose, out through the mouth.
4. Close your eyes and think happy pleasant thoughts.
5. When you get called through rise slowly and calmy, and walk slowly and calmy.

Last time I had a skydive medical my BP was up around the moon and the doc, good as gold, told me to sit quietly, close my eyes, relax and take deep breaths. I passed.
This exactly, when I was applying I had high blood pressure because I was stressed and didn’t want to cook it, just believe in yourself and try not to panic. If you’re a jet pilot you can’t dwell on things that could have went better on your last strafe because by the time you go through that mental process you’ll miss your next strafe.

Just a way to look at it, all the best mate.

Or, as one of the quacks at OASC advised me, go and pull yourself around the room before the exam. Just make sure it's not the waiting-room.

Latest Threads