Worth a quick read

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Shaithis, Nov 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Taken off for being "outdated and biased".

2. I disagree with you. It's not 'worth a quick read'. It is propaganda of the worst and most obvious sort. You can tell this by the fact that someone could very easily post a list of questions and answers that come to the very opposite conclusion. The questions and answers entirely eliminate nuance from the equation and make sense only in some fantastical Pilger-land. Question 39 alone sums up the fact that you are spouting bolloks unworthy even of a student union bar.

3. makes you think, doesnt it :?

4. question 16 is wrong

5. Apologies for being a bit harsh and all that but most people who are still on ARRSE have been on the p1ss since about 11:20 and it's an interesting 6th post is all...

6. Ever heard the phrase; "Lies, Damn lies. and statistics"

If I had the time I could easily provide proof that most if not all of the answers to the questions you have posted are incorrect. Since I don't have the time, I'll just say for the record that it's all a load of old testicles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_federations_by_military_expenditures

7. actually I don't have that much time, but a quick read and the following needs to be pointed out. The following are wrong or subjective, Q9, 10, 12, 17, 21... hang on, I have a real job and must go back to work.

enjoy the rest of your academic year!

8. Could not agree more, next the original poster will be telling us that PIRA only murdered people in self defence.

9. Also given that none of these questions touch on anything after 2003 I suspect this is a relatively old list of questions. And yes, as stated there are more holes than swiss cheese. One or two are true, but that is then supposed to get you to accept the others as fact too or give them the benefit of the doubt

10. 507. Q: How many people stopped reading at number 6?
    A: 1078.

11. "6. Q: What percent of US military spending would ensure the essentials of life to everyone in the world, according the UN?"

This sort of drivel is absolutely meaningless. A counterpoint might easily be: "How much foreign aid has been given to Africa since the 1960s - and so why isn't life perfect there now?"

12. Bless, settle Pettle,

They were only being rough with you because you did not read the questions.......hmmmmmmmmm even to me they seem a little 'BIASED AND OUT OF DATE'!