worst xmas TV ever.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Grumblegrunt, Dec 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

2. Agreed! absolute pish on the tv,not one decent film, I watched the 4 feathers out of desperation..there's only so many times one can watch it, but it was hobsons choice
  3. Open all hours and Porridge were on but sadly no Jason and the Argonauhts or oddly Leslie Crowther on a children's ward. Odd that.
  4. Morecambe and Wise from before God was born.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Agreed...the programming was absolute s***e.
  6. Utter shite.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. TV is shite at the best of times, ie the rest of the year. If the telly packed in, I'd not replace it. The bastards took off all the regular stuff and replaced it with even worse stuff than usual. All I watched was some canadian film about horses that were trapped in the snow, and the Bottom Christmas episode with the vodka margarine, again.
    Other than that, it's been a few DVDs, and Kavanagh, Minder and Hustle on youtube.
  8. There is quite a large black rectangle in one corner of my living room. It sometimes makes noises and gives off flickering coloured shapes, but only when my wife is at home. I just ignore it, but I do remember seeing something like it about 20 years ago.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

cant say I've seen that - any good?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The last TV I watched was half of a 2-hr documentary in June, no duff.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TV is pretty poor generally, and this Xmas has been especially dire, unless you're Stephen Fry's mum.

Still, modern tellys are otherwise useful

12. From the Independent article

Perhaps the golden parachute payments for departing executives has come from all departmental budgets ... the money does not grow on trees ... it has to come from somewhere ... surely not the viewers ... wait a minute . If you think 2012 was bad just wait until 2013 when a few more executives have left , been asked to leave , retired early etc ... the gravy train has still to hit the buffers ... all aboard .

Serious hat on ... new programmes I really enjoyed included .... thinks ... thinks ... give up .