• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

worst xmas TV ever.

Agreed! absolute pish on the tv,not one decent film, I watched the 4 feathers out of desperation..there's only so many times one can watch it, but it was hobsons choice

TV is shite at the best of times, ie the rest of the year. If the telly packed in, I'd not replace it. The bastards took off all the regular stuff and replaced it with even worse stuff than usual. All I watched was some canadian film about horses that were trapped in the snow, and the Bottom Christmas episode with the vodka margarine, again.
Other than that, it's been a few DVDs, and Kavanagh, Minder and Hustle on youtube.

T

trowel

TV is shite at the best of times, ie the rest of the year. If the telly packed in, I'd not replace it. The bastards took off all the regular stuff and replaced it with even worse stuff than usual. All I watched was some canadian film about horses that were trapped in the snow, and the Bottom Christmas episode with the vodka margarine, again.
Other than that, it's been a few DVDs, and Kavanagh, Minder and Hustle on youtube.
There is quite a large black rectangle in one corner of my living room. It sometimes makes noises and gives off flickering coloured shapes, but only when my wife is at home. I just ignore it, but I do remember seeing something like it about 20 years ago.

From the Independent article

.... 49 per cent of the programmes shown on the four main channels last week were
repeats; on BBC2, they accounted for 127 out of 155 programmes ...
Perhaps the golden parachute payments for departing executives has come from all departmental budgets ... the money does not grow on trees ... it has to come from somewhere ... surely not the viewers ... wait a minute . If you think 2012 was bad just wait until 2013 when a few more executives have left , been asked to leave , retired early etc ... the gravy train has still to hit the buffers ... all aboard .

Serious hat on ... new programmes I really enjoyed included .... thinks ... thinks ... give up .

Cant say anything bowled me over, when I was a kid the xmas blockbuster film was something to look forward to, now with DVD rentals etc we have seen them all by the time they hit the TV.

The BBC should drop one channel either 3 or 4 and concentrate on quality not quantity.

Even the hundreds of channels on Sky have been shite!...Most of the good series like Walking Dead have stopped for the 'mid season break' & have you noticed that the same channel will show the same movie or programme a couple times a week....Like Channel4 have shown Mupett Christmas Carol twice in the last week for example.The terrestrial channels seem to be copying the satalite channels lead now in showing the same program a few times a week..
Thank fukk for my 500gig HD full of movies & series like Borgen,Forbrydelsen ect...(and a couple smut films...;-)

Absolute quality:

corrie double episode Christmas specials

Easties double episode Christmas specials

Emmerdale double episode Christmas specials

Holyoaks double episode Christmas specials

Top of the pops & darts awesome TV ^~

Latest Threads