Worst Sporting Injuries

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by thrombo, Feb 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After todays Eduardo incident, I was wondering what the worwst sporting injury you'd witnessed was? Pics if poss!

Here is the link to the Eduardo injury.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yIWz2RqevsU

Attached Files:

2. Football eh?

Attached Files:

3. I don't have a piccie but the worst I saw was a Judge at an athletics meet taking a Javelin from behind in the shoulder, as it was throw the victim decided to jog across the field, he survived but there was quite a bit of blood. IIRC the thrower had to throw again

4. :lol:
    I remember watching it live, was a bit odd to say the least.

This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcXyKM3LqlI&feature=related

The worst one I've seen is the ice hockey player who gets his throat slit, nasty. I think there was another incident of this recently.
    In fact there is a link to one of them from the javelin youtube clip.

5. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Not worst but certainly impressive. Paul Laus Vs Craig Berube, NHL. No pic, just video.

Lovely uppercut.

6. Ice Hockey produces some spectacular injuries.

Richard Zednik who plays for the Florida Panthers lost five pints of blood when he was slashed in the throat by a teammates skate.

Ouch!

7. Impressive - after all the Roman and Greek soldiers had to train for years to hit someone with their javelins.

BTW, did they measure it to where it hit the judge or the point where the judge stopped jumping about and saying "owww! feck, that hurts!"

:lol:

Rodney2q

8. THESE HAVE TO STING A BIT

Attached Files:

9. more

Attached Files:

10. How about this one?

Attached Files:

11. I thought Ayrton Sennas injury was a pretty bad one.

Marc Vivien Foe also looks a bit poorly here

[​IMG]

12. Since when has 'idleness' been classed as an injury?

13. This guy has got 'clubbers elbow'

[​IMG]

14. Idiot boy skydiver hooked it in and crocked himself. When we got to him his foot was around six inches below his knee with his leg still pretty much upright due to the shin bones penetrating his ankle and foot and being embedded in the ground. Fortunately(?) the rest of him was also pretty broken so he was asleep when the ambulance crews pulled the bones and leg out of the ground and loaded him onto a stretcher.