Worst song ever....?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Forces_Sweetheart, Nov 10, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Music rather than books and films but this seemed a good place for this:

The Beatles' 'Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da' from the White Album has been voted the worst song EVER! I'm not a fan but it isn't even the worst Beatles song! It tops an online poll above horrors like Gazza's 'Fog on the Tyne' and 'Diamond Lights' by Hoddle and Waddle.... go figure.

Any nominations? There are some classics in the BBC comments including Russ Abbott's 'What an Atmosphere' and 'Seven Tears' by the Goombay Dance Band. Ouch.
  2. Ah, a subject close to my heart :oops:

How about the William Shatner versions of "Lucy in The Sky With Diamonds" or "Mr Tambourine Man"?

Or a couple of festive nominations - "Give Us a Kiss For Christmas" (Pinky and Perky) and "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" (Elmo and Patsy) - so bad it's godd :D
  3. Cliff Richards fcuking Millenium song, or whatever it was....Ugh!!

Mind you, Kevin "Bloody" Wilsons "Santa Clause you Cnut" is quite amusing but unlikely to appear on top of the Pops
  4. The birdie song - a dead cert to make people look like cnuts 8O
  5. can anybody put their hand on their heart and say that they are looking forward to hearing the first rendering of slade this, or indeed, any other year? GRRRH!
  6. 1. "In the year 2525,
    "If man is still alive,
    "If woman can survive,
    " they may find....."

2. "Everybody have fun tonight,
    "Everybody Wang Chung tonight."
  7. 45 Minutes from Destruction by Tone Bliary
  8. Can't remember their name the twins that was gross,even if you are pi##ed.
  9. 3. "Everybody was kung-fu fighting.
    "Those cats was fast as lightning..."
  10. God Bless Stock/Aitken/Waterman

'I'd Rather Jack (Than Fleetwood Mac)' by the Reynolds Girls

or the modern update 'Ooh, Stick You' by Daphne and Celeste.

Walked into a Bootneck NAAFI, dropped a fiver into the jukie, walked out....... :lol:
  11. ANYTHING by Robson and Jerome.

Fake soldiers, fake singers. Ruins my appetite.
  12. "Travelling Soldiers" by DIXIE CHICKS
    SHADDUP U FACE BY joe dolce
  13. Away in a manger, hated it at six, loath it now with a passion.

Anything with that tosser from Jamoriquai in it.

14. BAND AID DO THEY KNOW ITS XMAS-the first time .Not this masturbatory revision 20 years later to feed new egos.The original funded the Ethiopian war effort for many years and Saint BoB knew it.It bought food for Haile Mariam Mengistus army and paid for weapons to oppress the Eriteans.
  15. Billy Rae Cyrus's "Achy Breakey Heart" This song is a good reason for post partum abortion