Worst Regiment in the Army

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by bigsouth1981, Nov 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heres one for you, we all know the if, buts, why's and where's of who is supposedly the best regiment(s) in the british armed forces, but who would you consider, from personal experience or horror stories that youve heard, to be the worst?

Here we go.......... :twisted:

2. Why?

3. cos they looked like a bunch of mongs on the tele, plus i had to get the ball rolling !!!

4. It's gotta be the KINGOS southy :wink:

:D :D :D :D :D

5. No such thing as a bad Regt only bad Officers.

6. im with pike the only good green jackets where sharpe and co.

7. No such thing as Bad Officers just bad Soldiers...Oh hang on I got that one wrong.

Perhaps we should define criteria

We could say that Royal Irish are the worst regiment to go drinking with as your never as funny as a pissed Irishman, no matter how hard you try.

In a similiar light it could be said that the Royal Marines are the worst regiment at keeping their clothes on and by the far the worst regiment on the "Mary Whitehouse" scale of sexual experimentiation.

The Royal Anglian Regiment is rubbish at Highland Sports and its pipe band is cack.

Fusiliers can't get through low doors without banging their budgie.

As for the Sappers - a four year old child could do better fire control orders

Don't even get me started on the entire Brigade of Gaurds who frankly couldn't perform one perfectly simple tripe heart bypass procedure between them - I shit 'em.

Alternatively I'll invite nomintions in these "Best at" categories

Which Regiments are best for:

1. Being Great Blokes and a good mob to get seconded to
    2. Bigging themselves up
    3. Getting Pished with (see R Irish above - just a suggestion)
    4. Fighting with (not against)
    5. Getting lost

Nominations require a brief pen picture of why you think they deserve the accolade

8. The LOAMSHIRES - every fcuking exercise I've been on the WARMINSTER RIFLES have to get the Loamies arse out the fire. Bunch of hats...

Also the Queens Own Deserters need a mention (regimental motto "Bugger this for a game of soldiers" regimental march "Run Rabbit Run!")...

9. Well now we are on to that subject, the 3RD Foot and Mouth ran away at from the Burpers!

10. They were of course under the thrall of that demon Dungit Din

I have to say that the recce elements of 33rd Motor Rifle Regiment who are ALWAYS expected on the this location in 24hrs are invariably composed of the colour man and his two storeman wearing soft hats in their Rover instead of the Stripey T-Shirt wearing, axe throwing, T-72 Riding Berserkers we were expecting. I got down to stage three in 24hrs by hand for THIS!!!!

I nominate them as the worst regiment (exercise) in the army.

11. Touche'

Nose bleed in the post for you sonshine, lol ;)

12. Ah my beloved parent regiment, I knew it wouldn't be long.................:)

13. Not a Regiment, but a part of the Army:

APC GLASGOW