WORST QUESTION

Discussion in 'Staff College and Staff Officers' started by Barclays_Banker, Sep 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was listening to the radio this morning on the way into work and an interviewer came on to chat with an Israeli chap who was a former child piano prodigy and got a bit bored with music and turned instead to professional football. Recently retired from the game after a relatively successful career, he has decided to return to his piano again. Hmm, I thought, that's an unusual variety of talents this fella has ... there might be some interesting questions from the clever interviewing bloke. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the man with the microphone but Jeremy Paxman he definitely was not and the first question he came up with went something along the lines of, 'How would you compare the ability to make subtle artistic interpretations of classical Western music with playing top level football ?'

What ?

This fantastically pointless question then reminded me of some of the staff college classics, posed by those officers either feeling under pressure to ask at least one question during their course or those professional question askers who tried so hard to make links between topics that were at best tenuous, and at worst b*llocks. Anyone care to remember the worst questions ?

2. I think I've just read the most tedious.