Worst pubs in Britain

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by History_Man, Apr 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Friends, Romans, fellow ARRSERs, for the last two afternoons I have done my best to cheer up an old mucker in the hallowed halls of Hounslow's Wetherspoons pub. It is the Mos Eisley cantina transported to this galaxy and old Obi Wan's quote about scum and villany rings true. Fortunately for me it is dirt cheap and this is fortunate for my mucker too given that he imbibes Stella like tap water. It is down there in my list of the worst ten pubs of all time. Does anyone have any advance on this?

2. Rhyl used to have a pub by the station called the Bee, for a £5 the bird behind the bar would serve you topless, for a £10 you'd be happy she kept her fucking top up!

3. The Ram in Tidowrth. It makes the Mos Eisley Cantina look like a sophisticated, cosmopolitan wine bar.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stay out of the Lord Raglan, Higher Openshaw, Manchester.

Proper shit hole, I was in there once when a joiner was in making a right noise patching up the windows that had been put in the night before, a big buck nigger who was nursing half a Guiness and a hangover just walked up to him, took his hammer off him and told him to fuck off, away he went :)

5. valiant soldier, near leconfield. those who have been will testify that its a shit hole

6. Stay away from The Ship in Croydon..fatal stabbings every Friday night

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Albert, Southport. Beer is disgusting, as are the bar staff. Even the lemonade is flat.

8. The Wetherspoons pub?? If so, like all Wetherspoons, yet another blight on the High St, full of Croydon's finest dregs and slops slurpers.

9. A bit harsh mate......more like every other Friday.

10. I'm in danger of considering Dover's Roman Quay to be dreadfully sophisticated after that little lot....

• Like Like x 1
  11. No the Weatherspoons is round the corner in George Street and is only frequented by gongless, tour dodging STAB no mark shitcunts..i have my own personal table in there ... by the window

which i enjoy licking

• Like Like x 3
  12. the now kaput legends in preston

full of preston moon heads catching flies and always up for a tussle

you could walk up to one and ASK for a scrap, and that was the birds !!!

13. What pisses me off about modern day pubs is they try to have a "theme" ie pretentious crap all over the walls it's a pub not a fucking bric a brac shop.
    A pub I go into often in Prestatyn is called the Halcyon Quest.....I know! Anyway theres a fucking row boat stappled to the celling, what the fuck that has to do with swigging ale down is anyones guess.

14. Blimey, the list of grott pubs in Beverley is a long as your arm; The Push, Nellies, Green Dragon, The Oddfellows Arms, The White Horse etc etc.

15. anyone know if strattons in abingdon has closed down now?