Worst non-fiction war film

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by wildcard.rgbw, Jun 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have a "non-fiction" account of war which has been put into the big screen that is so horrendously crap it deserves a mention?

I'll start with Bravo Two Zero, mainly all that gung-honess, ie. way they pepperpot forwards at 2 heavily armoured troops carriers.
  2. this has probably been hashed to death in the Film and Artsy Forum, but the all time number one crap film has to be U-571..real event so fictionalized as to be useless... follow that with Harrison Ford trying to sound Russkie in K-9 WidowMaker...
  3. ''ZULU''

Inaccurate, Officer-centrict utter claptrap.

That should set the cat amongst the pidgeons!! :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
  4. Fcuk off!

My great-great grandfather was killed there and he says it's very accurate, especially the fly-the-flag singing!

(My poor deluded family stll keep a photo of CSgt Frank Bourne in the living room, believing he was GGGrandad, whereas he was actually a spear chucker in the Left Flank of the 1st Zulu Bulls Horn Batallion :wink: - OK, he was really a private in the 24th)
  5. Star Wars 1-6 (or so my great, great grandson tells me!) :lol:
  6. I suppose we can rule out all the Septic War Movies......They're All Fiction
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
  7. Anything steven ambrose wrote or was consulted in the writing of...he writes a hagiography, and thinks its history...
  8. Many of their WW2 films have the same theme, how us poor allies could not have managed without Uncle Sam and how heroic and butch they all are :slow:
  9. Hollywood wanted to make a film about Stalingrad.
    Until someone pointed out that no Americans were there, & that the Russians managed very well on their own thank you very much.
  10. Funny how they've never made a film about Kasserine pass...

There should be a British funded one! 'U-571, The Battle of Britain scenes in Pearl Harbour, Saving Private ryan-paybacks a b1tch!'
  11. "Enemy at the Gates" mean anything to you
  12. It's briefly portrayed at the beginning of Patton but, of course, the defeat was the fault of the "British" commander and lack of British air support.
  14. I was joking about Hollywoods "re-writing" of history, & how they saved the world from dinosaurs, aliens, Bonaparte, Ghengis Khan, the Moors, & the Spanish Armada. :roll:
  15. Also briefly seen in "The Big Red One".