Worst Military Headgear...

The funny thing about his titfer, is that at some point, he would have been issued that as an unshaped beret from the QM. He will have then gone back to the lines, where one of the ‘old sweats’ would have showed him how to shape the beret into the monstrosity that’s currently perched on the dealer of death’s head.

Do you thinks the older ones do it on purpose just as they’re leaving national service? Mind you, I’ve seen a few cav berets that weren’t that far off an IDF type thingy.

The funny thing about his titfer, is that at some point, he would have been issued that as an unshaped beret from the QM. He will have then gone back to the lines, where one of the ‘old sweats’ would have showed him how to shape the beret into the monstrosity that’s currently perched on the dealer of death’s head.

Do you thinks the older ones do it on purpose just as they’re leaving national service? Mind you, I’ve seen a few cav berets that weren’t that far off an IDF type thingy.
IDF lids.It's like, they've gone back the block , folded it in half down the middle and ironed it flat for that crease.

IDF lids.It's like, they've gone back the block , folded it in half down the middle and ironed it flat for that crease.
Don’t say that out loud. You’ll give some guards div badge type, a fookin idea.

Just imaging....”Show parade....show ironed beret every hour on the hour until next Easter”.

99% of the time the IDF beret is either folded under an epaulette (or in the case of field unit troops, packed away).
Although there may be more attention paid among the squaddies of some units, in general little importance is attached to headgear.
At my son's passing out parade in the Kfir infantry brigade, his platoon sgt presented him with his own beret, with some words of appreciation written in indelible felt tip on the inside. Although this constituted a very high unofficial honour, the beret was in an atrocious state and didn't even fit my nipper's head. The farce continued for many months without him receiving any flak because of the shit state of his headgear, until he became an NCO himself and had to obtain a new one that fitted properly...........

Last edited:
Come on really there has to be an IDF reverse ally joke in there somewhere.
You may be right. Squaddies of the Nahal infantry brigade with berets shaped to either scare the enemy to death or make them die laughing. Note, two of them are sgts.

22661328.jpg