Worst casting of actors/actresses

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by skintboymike, Jun 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To balance the thread which is aimed at those perfect marriages of script and performance, I thought I'd start one for those actors/actresses who couldn't have suited the role any less if they'd tried (and not necessarily just bad acting). When naming and shaming try to suggest an alternative who you think would have done the role justice, or at least someone who wouldn't have fucked it up as much. Three to start with;

Tom Hanks; The Da Vinci Code (later Angels and Demons). Never mind the fact that I cannot fucking stand this one-trick pony whatsoever, he doesn't suit the 40-something-genius-professor type anyway. I'd rather someone like Liam Neeson have given it a go.

Ewan MacGregor; the last three Star Wars films. I spent more time cringing at his accent than I did actually listening to what he was saying. As for his replacement, he'd probably take a bit of convincing, but I'd go with Alan Rickman.

Kevin Costner; Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Come on mate, at least try to sound English. He also looked a bit too soft around the edges, for my liking. Step up to the mark Jason Statham :D

2. Dick van Dyke - Mary Poppins
    Sylvester Stallone - Escape to Victory (and just about everything else)
    Michael Caine - Zulu
    Clint Eastwood - Where Eagles Dare
    Owen Wilson - Behind Enemy Lines
    Judi Dench - all James Bond films

3. John Wayne - he only ever played himself.

4. Hugh Grant playing anything but a tit

5. Kevin Costner Robin Hood
    Russell Crowe Robin Hood
    The WHOLE cast of U571

6. Absolute worst of all time:

Britt Ekland as Willow in the original "Wicker Man"

The dreadful remake is not worthy of comment.

Aggregate Worst -
    Jim Carey - totally dreadful in all of the movies he has appeared in.

7. ooh, controversial!

I give you Audie Murphy in 'To Hell and Back'

Way too young and short for the role. :D

8. Ben Affleck in The Sum of All Fears (Jack Ryan "the plank version")
    Adam Sandler in just about anything

9. Liam Neeson- The Kingdom of Heaven
    Orlando Bloom - The Kingdom of Heaven

10. Slightly, but it doesn't detract from the fact that it is a cracking film and he did eventually redeem himself with his role as Charlie Croker in the Italian Job.

11. One of my favourite 'made for TV' films, which did have some minor box office and VHS success was 'By Dawns early light' about the crew of a B52 c/s 'Polar Bear One'

Captian and co pilot were played by two of Hollywoods worst actors Powers Booth and Rebecca de Mornay.

The Woody Award, sponsored by MFI, goes to both of these actors jointly for there stunningly dull, almost painful dialogue in the cockpit of a bomber about to go into nuclear combat! The love interest between them was a farce too.

Spoilt an otherwise enjoyable cold war thriller, that without these two planks, could have been a major box office success, as it was an excellent story about the morality of nuclear weapons.

12. Jennifer Aniston in any film.

13. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Quite agree. Ms Aniston deserves to be punished.... severely.... In my cellar.....

Sorry, time for my lie-down and Meds.

Back on thread - apart from Ewan McG in the Star Wars prequels - what about that tit Hyden Christienson? Has he been oin anything worthwhile since? - No? That's because he was crap.