Worst barracks accomodation that Int Corps personnel inhabit

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Invicta, Oct 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There are some seriously bad candidates here.

The lads accomodation at Bulford was pretty bad, but for my money Sandhurst block in Thiepval Barracks in NI has to be the winner. It is infested with rats, fleas, cockroaches and 15 Sigs and the hot water is turned off at weekends. Not nice.

Anyone got any other cess pits of filth and neglect that they'd care to nominate?

2. What the ferk are you complaining for - better then a sangar - innit?!

3. I'll quote the hierachy before anyone else does "it's NI, you're not paying for it are you?"

4. I have just spent a week in a ten man billet in Garelochead. Hmm that was chummy! Followed bya night at West Freugh range in an abandoned hanger. Nice! Isn't Information Technology fun?

5. Sorry Invicta! I find it more than a little amusing that my top two candidates from when I was serving over 12 years ago are the two you have chosen to highlight. We were telling PSA (as it was then) that they should be condemned in 1991.

Any potential recruits reading this post in 5 years time (yeah, right!) please note: the pictures of the rather chummy, cool accomodation in the brochures are about as reliable as the pictures Thistle Hotels use in their literature................... hmmm, thats another rant, any ex-Corps out there want to shake up the Hotel world with a massively scientific, rant based slating of Hotel accomodation in the UK.

I'll start:

Oi, Thistle Hotel, London City Barbican! Why do you only seem to have refurbished the corridors and doors, not the rooms themselves? What do you think tourists make of your "full english breakfast"?

Oi, ALL Thistle Hotels, Best Western, Holiday Inn! Get some air-conditioning that works.

Sorry Invicta, think I've ranted enough off-topic. Perhaps everywhere except my bunk in Minden was crap anyway!

6. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

My my - you REMFS have it bad. Come and share a billet on my old tank mate your more than welcome. Fresh air, stars at night, fresh water pouring down on you, opps thats the gunner having a pee. 8)

7. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Did no one tell you you had a bedspace in the block? Or was there some other reason they made you sleep in your tank? BO? Stinky feet?

8. It was just as shïtty in the late 1980's. No change, then?

9. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Bloody cav stole all the blocks for their bloody horses. What space was left we turned into bars. Nearly as good as that bar you have in that nice swish place Chickenshit or something?

10. The problem is they get the rather chummy, cool accommodation at Chicksands when they're in training; it's when they get to the Field Army that they have to live in squalor.

11. i feel i must propose the juniors' accommodation here in Brecon. my poor lads have to slum it, living out in their own rented houses. they are forced to pay all the bills themselves (apart from rent, electricity, gas, water, council tax and telephone line rental). and on top of that, they have to somehow feed themselves on a paltry £320 a month food & incidentals allowance. some of them have only one spare bedroom in their house, and recently one of their landlords forgot to come round and mow the lawn for a couple of weeks.

you lot in lisburn & bulford don't know you're born. :)

12. Ha! No different from '79/'80 then! If you went for a slash on the ground floor, you had to dodge the pi$$ dripping through from the urinals on the 1st floor! :twisted:

As for hot water, what was that all about?

Remember the sticky carpet in the 'fly?

PS for Elovabloke - 438's were leaky too, but I always blagged the spot on the engine decks!

13. Barstewards! When I was at Brecon I was accomodated in Dering Lines. Mind you I may have died in an acoholic funk if I had been given a hiring. Man cannot live on beer alone...alledgedly.

14. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

15. Haha - that's where my man lives, he says exactly the same.